LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrit kumar (job)     05 April 2017

dv case filled..some queries

Dv case filled by wife. Asking for 10 lakh compensation...also . return of dowry & istridhan items ..also asking for 20000 interim maintenance...return of litigation expense. Also.written 20 lakh marriage expense. My wife is in govt job from last 8 years. Geeting salary around 40000. Our marriage date apr 2016.she live with me for around 10 days only. Marriage not consumate. M too in govt job geeting around 60000 per month. Wife want early divorce .dowry complaint also filled. But no fir yet. Rcr filled by me .. first date in may 17. I m sure She will not come to defend rcr case.. as she want separation.. My queries are.. 1) what are chances if she will get interim maintenance. If yes wat shd i do to show my inhand salary low. 2) any compensation award possible in dv case? 3) wat about dowry items and istridhan..whether she has to proof the list with bills? 4) wat about litigation expense she is asking for around 50000? 4) how i shd proceed with that case Any fuether suggestion.

Learning

5 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     05 April 2017

Originally posted by : amrit kumar
Dv case filled by wife. Asking for 10 lakh compensation...also . return of dowry & istridhan items ..also asking for 20000 interim maintenance...return of litigation expense. Also.written 20 lakh marriage expense.

My wife is in govt job from last 8 years. Geeting salary around 40000.
Our marriage date apr 2016.she live with me for around 10 days only. Marriage not consumate. M too in govt job geeting around 60000 per month.
Wife want early divorce .dowry complaint also filled. But no fir yet. Rcr filled by me .. first date in may 17. I m sure She will not come to defend rcr case.. as she want separation..
My queries are..
1) what are chances if she will get interim maintenance. If yes wat shd i do to show my inhand salary low.
2) any compensation award possible in dv case?
3) wat about dowry items and istridhan..whether she has to proof the list with bills?
4) wat about litigation expense she is asking for around 50000?
4) how i shd proceed with that case Any fuether suggestion.

Don't worry !! Court will not grant any interim maintenance to her because she is working. You need to return her stridhan as it is her right.

And to get any other relief she first have to prove her allegations. 

Better to mutually decide the matter and apply for mutual divorce after completion of one year living seprately.

She is demanding 10 lakh for mutual...i m not ready even for 10 rs. ..also not in hurry to settel the case....

She is demanding 10 lakh for mutual...i m not ready even for 10 rs. ..also not in hurry to settel the case....

stanley (Freedom)     06 April 2017

@ amrit 

1. Interiem maintenance will not be granted .

2. The burden of proof lifes upon her to prove the false allegations  .

3. Marriage expenses she will not get . During cross examination call for the tax bills to be produced for the marriage exenses .If false bills produced than call for the supplied that he has received this money into his account . Call for his bank statements of the supplier and also their bank statements just to harass them . Prolong the case and she will disappear from the court premises .

4. For compensation she has to prove that she has suffered losses and not just false allegations .

Read the DV act and their judgements and fight tooth and nail with your heart mind and soul .

1 Like

A walk alone (-)     09 April 2017

1)If you show evidence to court of her working or salary she won't get any maintenance.2) if she fails to prove her any allegations then she will also not get any maintenance. 3) if she is in hurry to get divorce then better negotiate her and go MCD. Pay one time alimony and get rid of her and her cases. But take advantage of her hurry, be rigid pay less amount as one time alimony.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register