Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sashi (CSS)     09 October 2013

Dowry act

Hello Experts,

First of all thanks alot for giving lots of valuable suggestions to the people like us.

I have been reading the posts in this forum for the past 2 years, since my wife left my house.

My wife has married me with the force of thier parents. After marriage, she had started saying the same to me again and again and left to her home after 3 months of marriage. We have contacted her lot of times, no reply from them. after 1 and half years, they started threatening us, to pu 498a and harrasment etc...but they dont want to send her back.

I want to know a few things after 1 month of marrieage my wifes mother gifted me an apartment on my name, and the document clearly says that she has gifted with her will and love towards daughter and me.

During the marriage they have given marriage expences of 1Lakh, we have given 3Lakhs for gold of my wife.

So what I think is, they can not out harrasment cases on us, because she is not there for the past two years.

My query is :

Is the one Lakh given for marriage expences considered to be dowry ? We have also given gold of 3 Lkhs will it be considered ?

after one month of my marriage , My wifes mother gifeted me an appartment , is it considered to be dowry ?

Based on these things, can they put a 498a on us ?

Please help me on this.

Thanks in adavnce.

Learning

2 Replies

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     09 October 2013

Originally posted by : Sashi

Hello Experts,

First of all thanks alot for giving lots of valuable suggestions to the people like us.

I have been reading the posts in this forum for the past 2 years, since my wife left my house.

My wife has married me with the force of thier parents. After marriage, she had started saying the same to me again and again and left to her home after 3 months of marriage. We have contacted her lot of times, no reply from them. after 1 and half years, they started threatening us, to pu 498a and harrasment etc...but they dont want to send her back.

I want to know a few things after 1 month of marrieage my wifes mother gifted me an apartment on my name, and the document clearly says that she has gifted with her will and love towards daughter and me.

During the marriage they have given marriage expences of 1Lakh, we have given 3Lakhs for gold of my wife.

So what I think is, they can not out harrasment cases on us, because she is not there for the past two years.

My query is :

Is the one Lakh given for marriage expences considered to be dowry ? We have also given gold of 3 Lkhs will it be considered ?

after one month of my marriage , My wifes mother gifeted me an appartment , is it considered to be dowry ?

Based on these things, can they put a 498a on us ?

Please help me on this.

Thanks

@querist  she can easily file 498a complaint within 3 years of alleged dowry harassment.

Proving it is a different matter depending on facts of the case

regards ASHOK

Sashi (CSS)     09 October 2013

Can somebody suggest me, what preventive actions we can do on this. Can we put a case explaining this, the property is gifted me will fully and my wife left my home long back. does this help us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register