LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     18 April 2013

Done with caw and now on the verge of fir

The complaint filed by my wife with CAW states that they have spent Rs. 16 lakh during the marriage which is like :-

1) Gaud rasam = Rs. 1 lakh

2) Teeka rasam = Rs. 5.21 lakh

3) Gold = 15 tola

4) Other Gold items like necklace, ring

5) Reception and marriage hall - 4.5 lakh

6) Furniture = Rs. 1 lakh

and also mentioned that their failure to give a car lead to dowry harrassment by us against her.

Now the question is

1) whether they can claim all this from us. Ofcourse needless to say that all the expenses mentioned are bull sh*t.

2) Will this be a part of stridhan or dowry.

The proceedings with CAW is over and they have demanded to file the complaint. It has been 10 days that CAW has given its report to SP (came to know from a source). For last 10 months we are living separately and our marriage is now for 1 yr and 2 months (no kids). I am sure she will also file DV case against us.

Please advise.

Learning

6 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     18 April 2013

hello.

do you have a copy of complaint ?

take AB or stay order on arrest( if cases are filed in UP or Uttrakhnad)

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     18 April 2013

Hello Rahul,

My case is filed in Haryana. My lawyer is of the view that we should not apply for AB as the same is not granted. It is better to surrender the same day and give back some articles in the name of stridhan and u will get the bail the same day. He is a well known lawyer in that area.

Gaurav (consultant)     18 April 2013

Hi Vishal

What your lawyer is aynig is correct.

Do not hand over anything to girl as she can again claim more lately so better surrender and hand over the articles to judge when needed.

Are your parents also implicated ?

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     19 April 2013

Thanks everyone for replying.. Yes, my parents and my younger brother are also included in the complaint.... they haven't given anything tangible to us... no furniture, and no gold... all ornaments are of my mother and while my wife left the home she was wearing some of my mother's ornaments.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     19 April 2013

take the AB first.

Mango (Consultant)     19 April 2013

Vishal @ Once you get Anticipatory Bail, file an Tax Evasion Petition (TEP) to Income Tax stating that their income cross more than 40 Lakhs (16 lakhs cash + 10 lakhs precious furniture of + 14 lakhs on their own household expenses) in one particular financial year and you want to know how much tax they have totally paid on this. Also, don't forget to file an RTI (First Appeal) on TEP to trap them into their own squared planning.

Mango

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register