LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangeetha Iyer (nil)     13 February 2014

Domestic violence

I had filed domestic violence case against my husband lsst year. As I was literally thrown out along with my daughter. I was facing harassment from the beginning of my marriage. Even in 2011 we were seperate for whole year. In 2012 we started living to gether again I was mentally and physically tortured by him and in-laws and I was thrown out of the house. Now I am in my sister's house.He did nt give any thing as maintenance.I asked for some compensation that also he refused to give me. I agreed to that also. Now he knew that I am working. My lawyer brainwashed me that he is ready to take you back why dont' you take a decision to go back with him for your child's sake. Though I was unwilling initially, later on I agreed. They advised me to talk to him and meet him. We both met each other. But he was not ready to commit himself that he will take care of us. On the other hand he was asking how I am going to control over my anger whih has led to all these problems. I tried to convince him that I'll try my max to control my anger despite of any provocations / torture. Now he is telling he cannot take us back until he gets fully convinced or his mother is convinced. It is very clear that he doesnt have any intention to take us back. Even I suggested him if you have any problem in taking atlease give us maintanance. He is not ready for both of these. My lawyer is advising me to go for a divorce. 21st is the hearing. I would like to know, can I give dowry harassment complaint against him in the police stateion, when the case is in the court. Please advise?

Learning

2 Replies

DV Act Buster (CEO)     13 February 2014

Only after trying all other social and friendly means to restore your relations should u file DV complain. Once u complain or call the police then u will hsve no face to restore your relations. If you have even a lityle doubt yhat your anger is responsible for your current situation try professional counselling.

If u feel beyound reasonsble doubt and are convinced that your husband is onlynto blame then file dv case in court and get your right to live in his house and rightfully claim msintensnce from him for your child and yourself also if you are not working.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 February 2014

Dear Querist

if the harassment was due to dowry then you can file the complaint otherwise not. fight the DV case on merit with clean hand and he is liable to maintain you and the child if you are unable to maintain yourself. but he is liable to be maintain the child in all situation.

as you informed that you are working then you can file maintenance case against him on behalf of child u/s 125 of Cr.P.C.

Feel Free to Call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register