Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Velu   26 September 2016

Dob correction in birth certificate

Hi All,

How to change date of birth in birth certificate

Actually I born on 4th July 1985  at 5.24 PM ,  and have birth certificate without name issue in hospital with correct date and i have all my certificate in 4th July 1985 date. 

Recenlty when i applied for updating my name in birth certificate ,  I got new certificate with 5th July 1985 date. which is incorrect. When i enquried official in Municipal cooperation, they informed their record its only 5th July and that cannot be changed.but My correct birth in 4th July 1985 - looks like some mistake dont while updating their records.

Birth certificate is very urgent for me, since my company doing background verification so please let me know procedure for correcting my BC and how long it will take  

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 September 2016

Show your hospital certificate where u born,it is an evidence to show and apply for correction in municipal office

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     27 September 2016

Your Matter is old now, 

Dont waste time correcting DOB in Birth Certificate, Better get your Correct DOB Gazzaetted and use same document everytime

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2016

Date of Birth in Birth Certificate is the primary information and hence cannot be corrected unless it a clerical mistake which appears to be the instant case. However, the mistake is too trivial and need not be any concern. As you were born in 1985, the Birth Certificate is not mandatory for obtainng the passport. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register