LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arasavilli   10 August 2015

Do i have a right to stop payment apartment association

Ours is a registered apartments association. The association charges Rs.2000/ per month for the supply of consumable water. But due to plumbing problems outside of my flat I did not get water for nearly ten days. This fact was informed to the Association itself. For some reason or the other they did not repair it for ten days. I made alternate arrangements for the supply of water from a commercial supplier for this period. Now do I have a right to withhold payment on a pro rata basis to the association. Does it come under Consumer Protection act. They are demanding full payment saying that the association is buying water on a regular basis and that it is a fixed overhead. Kindly advise if my position is right?

Thank you

Villi A 

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     10 August 2015

you can lodge your written complaint with the association. let them revert back opon your complaint. do not withhold the payments. you may make the payment under protest giving covering letter alongwith the cheque.

incase association fails to redress the complaint then you may approach to the registrar of the society or the co-operative society court. you are not the consumer of your association of aaprtments.. hence, consumer forum is not the proper forum fo you.

Regards

Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia

Mumbai

arasavilli   10 August 2015

Thank You Mr. Rohit Dalmia for the solution suggested. But the issue is it was repaired after ten days. To sum up I did not get water for ten days in the month due to the callous attitude of the association and still being forced to pay full amount. It is not a problem for the association to come up with some stories for not able to supply water. But still I will be the loser sad

Thank you

Villi A

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register