Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hima Bindu   08 April 2024

Divorce with a special child

Hi, 

I am 30 and have a kid who is 6 years old. My kid is a special child. There is lack of respect and mutual understanding in our relationship(between me and my husband ). I feel we are only parents for the child and no more a husband and wife. Other than about the child, my husband is always annoyed or irritated about me. I am considering a divorce as I feel that I am being played. Or may be I don't like the way he is treating me.  I just feel like a roommate. My question is, can I get monthly support for my child's school, therapy and our food? As I have to take full responsibility of the child, I can't work. Can I ask for monthly expenses even after divorce? And can he deny that he can't give? Also cn I take complete custody of the child? 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2024

If you do not want to continue this married life for the reasons beyond your control and stressful situation, you may file the divorce case, this has got nothing to do with the proposed maintenance case.

You can file a maintenance case for you (if you are not employed) and for the child including the treatment expenses for the special child 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 April 2024

Your husband is not harassing you or your child as per the stated facts.  He may be an irritating person.  You can take him to a psychiatrist for counselling.  The reason you are stating for divorce and alimony from your husband may not be materialized.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register