Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar P (supervisor)     05 September 2014

Divorce steps & duration

Dear Sir/Madam,

If Either Spouse files a divorce suit,

What are the steps involves &

What is the maximum duration between the steps/procedure.

Kindly advice me ,

Many thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 September 2014

According to the Indian divorce laws, there are mainly two ways to obtain divorce; mutual divorce and contested divorce. In case of a mutual divorce, you can have a talk with your estranged spouse to come to a settlement and get a “no-fault divorce”. If you are seeking a contested divorce, you can file your divorce on the grounds that are specified under the particular Indian marriage act that you are entitled to. There are separate divorce laws for Hindus, Christians, Parsis and Muslims. Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists are governed by the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 for filing divorce in India whereas Christians, Parsis and Muslims have their have their own laws for filing divorce and Inter-caste marriages/ divorces are governed by the Special Marriage Act, 1956. Cases are depends on the circumstances.

sankar P (supervisor)     05 September 2014

Dear Shri. Ramachary sir,

Thank you for your Valuable suggestions and precious time....

Adding to that your goodness , i am in the situation to take divorce . in that case,as per hindu marriage act,

if my wife will give in writing for divorce in police station , then how long she will take to file the divorce suit,

kindly give me advice sir,

Many thanks,

Best Regards,

shankar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register