Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan (Software engineer)     14 August 2013

Divorce out of court settlement

Hi all,

My story is also same like many indian poor guys belong to male caste...:D)

Got married on         : 04/2009

Came to usa(both)    : 05/2009

Wife left to India.      :  04/2010 and refused to come to usa

We never ever had a small fight even...she went to india to spent sometime with her ex-boy friend(I do have email proofs)

Filed 498a on my self and my parents as usual..my parents got AB..father is 70+years mom is 60+ years..after that filed DVC,Maintenance on my parents and on me...

Here the interesting thing is she never stayed with my parents even a single day and she filed all these cases on my family the place where she is living which is like 300 km away from my village...My parents never been to that city before this happened

Interestingly court ordered my parents to pay 25000/-  Rs to her every month as maintenance..but my parents got stay on this order in upper court...

I never been summoned in any of these cases and I got divorce in USA.From then I never been to India.My parents moved to that city due to the frequent attendance is required...

Now looks like my ex-wife family came into a settlement for 20 lakh...but I don't

believe those people at all...they spoke to my father and said she will send an divorce notice to me to my native place and my father need to put my signature on behalf of me and if I didn't attend the court we will get ex party divorce very fast?

I told to my parents rather than doing these fake things I asked them to withdraw  the 498a(In AP it can be withdrawn if both parties agreed) and other cases and file a petition to validate the USA divorce in India.My suspection is, they just want to prove that I took the notice for divorce and purposefully I am denying the other notices or they may file a forgery case on my parents...

And they said to my parents you guys need not to give me the money to us..you can give the DD to judge once the divorce are granted...is that doable? do the jury will agree for that...I doubt if that can be doable since the jury is not running private settlements...

Finally  hats off  to our legal system which is giving opportunity for everyone to make money by terrorizing the people legally on gender biased...

Can someone please trough me some ideas here to handle this complex situation?

Thanks in advance..

Learning

2 Replies

Ramesh (student)     14 August 2013

Dear MoHAN,

it is now a days common trend that a girl who has more affection with her boy friend but since he being is not so wealthy therefore the girl  who is naturally a beutiful plays a dramma and choose a rich NRI fellow for marriage.

After marriage she implemented her actual role in the family and started her game of vilany act and came back to her parents home and file the case as usual of 498A,DV ACT AND MAINTENANCE and constrained to reputed family  to bow down before her and settle the case after getting money of 20 to 30 lacs or more and thus started her new life with her boy friend .

This is the rerason that reputed family before tie in any relationship is taking the services of detective agency for the affair of girl and bear the expences of few thousands or up to one lac for getting such types of details.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : mohan

Hi all,

My story is also same like many indian poor guys belong to male caste...:D)

Got married on         : 04/2009

Came to usa(both)    : 05/2009

Wife left to India.      :  04/2010 and refused to come to usa

We never ever had a small fight even...she went to india to spent sometime with her ex-boy friend(I do have email proofs)

Filed 498a on my self and my parents as usual..my parents got AB..father is 70+years mom is 60+ years..after that filed DVC,Maintenance on my parents and on me...

Here the interesting thing is she never stayed with my parents even a single day and she filed all these cases on my family the place where she is living which is like 300 km away from my village...My parents never been to that city before this happened

Interestingly court ordered my parents to pay 25000/-  Rs to her every month as maintenance..but my parents got stay on this order in upper court...

I never been summoned in any of these cases and I got divorce in USA.From then I never been to India.My parents moved to that city due to the frequent attendance is required...

Now looks like my ex-wife family came into a settlement for 20 lakh...but I don't

believe those people at all...they spoke to my father and said she will send an divorce notice to me to my native place and my father need to put my signature on behalf of me and if I didn't attend the court we will get ex party divorce very fast?

I told to my parents rather than doing these fake things I asked them to withdraw  the 498a(In AP it can be withdrawn if both parties agreed) and other cases and file a petition to validate the USA divorce in India.

USA divorce not valid in India.

You have to take Mutual Consent Divorce or Ex-parte divorce which ever is convenient.

My suspection is, they just want to prove that I took the notice for divorce and purposefully I am denying the other notices or they may file a forgery case on my parents...

No forgery case.

Don’t think that and all.  They want to free themselves as she wants to get married again, hence the need for divorce.  As you stay abroad and cannot be contacted etc they are telling let your dad sign it.

Do one thing you come down to India, sign MCD papers, get divorce, fly back.

And they said to my parents you guys need not to give me the money to us..you can give the DD to judge once the divorce are granted...is that doable? do the jury will agree for that...I doubt if that can be doable since the jury is not running private settlements...

Finally  hats off  to our legal system which is giving opportunity for everyone to make money by terrorizing the people legally on gender biased...

Can someone please trough me some ideas here to handle this complex situation?

Thanks in advance..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register