Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

roopa gowda   21 January 2024

Divorce notice by my husband even after he cheating me his wife.

Hi Mam/ Sir,

I am Roopa and u am 45yrs old. I am married since 17yrs and having a son if 15yrs old. In this 17yrs of our marriage my husband has mentally and physically abused me and my son with many a times. But still I am staying with me b.cas of the society and my parents and for my son. One day I got to know about my husband cheating me by moving around with lady. I did tell him to stop and also informed my inlaws. But everyone accused me and asked me to leave the hous4. But I didn't leave and told them I am married to you and legally I have all rights to stay in the house. So now my inlaws and my husband has sent me a legal notice saying my husband wants divorce b.cas I am mentally tourchering him. I lost my job also. Today I am not sure how to deal the situation. I don't want to take divorce. Please it's a humble request. My son is also behaving very much vierd. Lots of complaints from school regarding his behaviour. Is it possible for you to guide me. Awaiting for your positive response.

Learning

16 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 January 2024

I have sent my response on your personal message, please go through and proceed socially and avoid legally.

2 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 January 2024

You have posted two subjects, the first one is to avoid divorce.

You can very well challenge the divorce case as per law and get it dismissed.

The second one is about the child's behavior in school.

You may have to take interest and care towards your child's education and career and get it sorted out properly.

Take him to counselling if necessary and make him alright.

First understand him and his needs and address them properly

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     21 January 2024

Reply legal notice sent to you by your husband and  deny allegations made on you, Even if your husband files divorce petition on false ground contest the same strongly. 

1 Like

How to challenge? So as a first step I can go to the court alone without a lawyer?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 January 2024

Where exactly are you located? Fighting alone without a lawyer may be difficult. Are there women's organisations in your location?  Try to take their help.

I am from bangalore. But I am really unaware and its a tough situation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 January 2024

You can take the help of district legal services authority which will arrange a lawyer at free of cost to handle your case.

1 Like

Yasaswi Gomes   22 January 2024

Dont worry take polygraph test that he cheated and you didn't commit adultry and threaten him with charges. Make sure that your a scrupulous woman ie., you didn't lie to him and got married to him. Eg. If you had a boy friend before marriage and told him that you never had one or, you're from dalit caste and got married to him saying that your his caste etc. if you payed dowry, then he's finished. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 January 2024

If he has been abusing you why don't you file complaint under Domestic Voilation act and also you can file for 498A in police station. He will be in trouble. If he is not mainatining you by providing your and your's son's needs then you can file for application under 125 Cr.P.C and you don neeed a lawyer to file that. Just make sure you take your defensive course.If he files for divorce in court just resist that and refuse to divorce .

If her complaint is real, she can divorce and her husband must provide maintenance for

Home

Car

Shopping

School

Sons foreign education

This is a normal way to live peaceful secured life.why to live with a drinkard

Angela Dior   22 January 2024

Well, I don't like to meddle into people’s relationship but at the same time its not appropriate the way women cheat this days and even disrespect their husband whenever confronted, it really baffle me. l was in this situation some month ago l have to search some webpage then l came across this hacker and Meta consultant call chloe_consultant on Instagram this lady really unveil somethings l can’t imagine happening in my relationship. l think it’s high time we Men have to hire someone like Chloe, in other to get the truth about our partner it really help kindly contact her via email: chloe.consultant1@gmail.com Telegram; Chloe_consultant

Originally posted by : Angela Dior

Well, I don't like to meddle into people’s relationship but at the same time its not appropriate the way women cheat this days and even disrespect their husband whenever confronted, it really baffle me. l was in this situation some month ago l have to search some webpage then l came across this hacker and Meta consultant call chloe_consultant on Instagram this lady really unveil somethings l can’t imagine happening in my relationship. l think it’s high time we Men have to hire someone like Chloe, in other to get the truth about our partner it really help kindly contact her via email: chloe.consultant1@gmail.com Telegram; Chloe_consultant

Hire a private detective. They will video graph partners s*xual cheating live. And you can divorce easily

anonymous   23 January 2024

You can take help from Legal Aid deparment. Every state has eligibility creteria. If you qualify, you will get a lawyer by by the Govt free of cost. Just check where is legal aid courter in your district court or try to find contact number and ask a help for getting free of cost lawyer. They will ask you for fill an application.

Second option: Appear in the front of judge and ask that you need lawyer help. This is faster process. By next hearing you will be able to get Govt. sponsored lawyer (again with no fees)

Qualification example : if you belongs to some cast name or if your annual income is less than 3 laks P.A, etc.

Hope this information is useful.

1 Like

roopa gowda   26 January 2024

Thank you all for your valuable time and suggestions and support. I will PM you if I need any help from you all. Please pray for me for good life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register