LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag Tilak   22 August 2018

Divorce in case of Desertion

Hello Sir, I got married in Oct'12 and we stayed together for hardly 3 months ..Since Feb'13 until now, we have been living separately.So, I have decided to mutually seekl legal divorce after 6 long years .Earlier ,in 2014 end, she sent an agreement on a notarized stamp paper with her sign and claimed that the agreement paper will suffice the purpose of divorce. But I was told that written agreements wont serve the purpose. In order to take legal divorce, we need address and contact detaild.For the past few years, we do not have a clue of what her address and location is. We don't have a clue of her mobile number .In case of her absconding ,how do I proceed. I want to not cause inconvenience to her by taking help of police or other sources. Please advice of the best possible ways of taking divorce. I know her address where she lived during the year 2013. But after 2014, there is no clue. Please note: We did not register our marriage.However my office documents bear her name ( as dependent)

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     22 August 2018

Dear querist,

In case you want relief from law you need to employ law process in action.

Till today she is legally your wife and you have not registered any FIR to know where about of your wife.

For divorce you can file divorce under desertion rest court will take care as per merits of case.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register