LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Renuka Soni   12 July 2018

divorce

i need divorce from my husband as i am not happy with him since day 1 of my marriage.
there is no understanding no bonding no connection. i was trying to sustain our marriage but didnt worked.
have one daughter.
married since 6 years.

he is not ready to invest his efforts to save our relationship instead his family is spreading false things about my nature and behaviour.
he is not ready to give divorce and i am not ready to live with him.
please advice how do i go ahead.

Learning

9 Replies

TGK REDDI   13 July 2018

Apply for contested divorce.       Simple.

TGK REDDI   13 July 2018

Do you want to demand maintenance from him?

Renuka Soni   13 July 2018

no demands plz

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2018

Send a legal notice through a lawyer. But A divorce can take anywhere between 3 and 24 months depending on whether it is contested or uncontested. The average uncontested divorce takes 3 months. The average contested divorce takes 12 months. The amount of time varies according to the judge, the county, and the will of the parties to speed things up or delay. My mobile no:9989324294

Renuka Soni   13 July 2018

problem is they keep on coming to my place to give last chance to him but he is still careless about it and i cannot waste more time on it.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 July 2018

Get a divorce lawyer and file divorce case against him on the ground of cruelty. During the divorce proceedings the matter will be referred to mediation and conciliatory center by the Family Court where you both can agree for divorce by mutual consent with help of your counsels and mediator. Many cases where one party was not initially ready for divorce during mediation sessions agree for it. This has been my experience in the profession.

Renuka Soni   14 July 2018

Thanks hope this might work...!

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     17 July 2018

Fact is that getting contested divorce is not easy. There are only certain legal grounds on which you can seek divorce... they are cruelty and desertion. Other grounds appear to not apply to your case. Cruelty is of physical and mental type. The burden of proof will be on you and most forms of cruelty is brushed aside as normal wear-and-tear in a marriage. So, if you do not have solid proof of cruelty, you will fail on this ground in court. Now, lets come to desertion... you need to prove that he deserted you for two continuous years. That too appears to be uphill task for you since that is not backed by facts.

So... be patient.  Let two years pass by for your separation and then prove that he deserted you. How you do that... is left to your imagination but you need to plan every step during the two years to leave no trail that will let him prove otherwise that you deserted him. Mere separation is not enough to get divorce. 

Advocates will rush you into filing divorce petitions but check these facts before you jump into it. PLAN AND THEN ACT.

TGK REDDI   17 July 2018

However difficult it is for the Questioner to obtain divorce, the only choice before her is contested divorce.     It's not advisable to waste time but money.     She should immediately apply for divorce.    No question of mutual consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More