LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NRS (Assistant)     06 May 2014

Divorce

I am married from last two years. I have a six months old daughter. My wife is not living with me from last 4 months..she came to live with me for two days when her maternity leaves got over and then again left and seems to have joined office. Now the baby is with me from last two weeks or so...Issue is that she says she wants to live separate, but not close to my parents house and near to her office. But is it safe to leave my small baby in maid's hands, isnt it better to live close to my parents so that the child can be looked after. Moreover, how do i get a house on rent immediately with all comforts in south delhi and also a maid and expect the maid to look after the baby also and we both are working in office. This she is not able to understand. Infact, she doesn't love me also because in this 4-5 months period, she never called up to inquire abt me or spoke to me...even now am not aware whether she has joined office or not...

what legal steps should i take to safeguard myself from any wrong action/complaint from her side..in present scenario...

i have recordings of her family talking to me about her running away like this and leaving the baby with me..and i have filed a handwritten small information/complaint in nearby police station with a stamped photocopy back..its not a fir ....kindly advise...

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 May 2014

1.    This brief spells of giving an advice on ‘tweaking lifestyle’ by spouses with help from your parents (especially from your mother).

2.    Advised to take separate rented home which is center to both In-Laws home and shift with minor child there and make arrangements for your mother to come and look after grand child when you go to office. Inform your mother to also look for a maid meanwhile to assist her in her daily chores while giving daycare to your child in this rented setup.

3.    Your mother’s timings of arrival / departure should match with your office timing. Let this arrangement continue and inform of it to your wife if you donot want to break your matrimony at this phase.  

4.    May be your wife will make inspection (adjustment) visit for few days to this rented place while also continuing on her job/work. If your mother is following arrival / departure timing for daycare of her grand child exactly as per your and your wife’s work timings then this arrangement will help in re-uniting spouses and take away issues pertaining to breaking matrimony and associated issues related to Family Law usage by either spouses in such young marriages. It is also suggested to your mother not to interact much with her daughter-in-law while providing daycare at this rented premises. You are advised not to talk much with your mother during your wife’s presence nor complain (expect much) that your wife will take responsibility to rear the parties child as is generic expectation of society. In today’s metro lifestyle metro wife’s somehow bear fruits and then expect a maid to look after the child and enjoy being in shape out of the independent income she earns without an iota on duties of natural mother read as wife to someone!  The sooner you understand this urban way of life the faster you may adjust to it without need to meet wife in court corridors for years with almost no access to your child in terms of visitation and also protecting senior citizens in your family from alleged complaint charges which women centric laws empower metro wife with. Start living in 21st. century is bottom line of this long para if legal suits to be avoided.

5.    Suggested to try for few months above advice. Come back here if it really fails.

6.    The various evidences such as receiving of formal report to jurisdiction police and audio recordings etc. you keep in safe place till the time above arrangement works. Donot speak much of them to your wife or to your in-laws. It is not advised to invoke family law charges on wife without trying above advice is my view.

{Last reply}

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2014

You can find rental houses through websites like www.99acres.com  etc. Modern working women are not interested to live with parents in many cases. By this simple reason do not spoil your family for the sake of children future.

NRS (Assistant)     06 May 2014

sir,

i also thought the above arrangement, as explained by you above. i have even seen a place to live and was in touch with maid agency as well. but first she agreed to live near to parents house, i deposited the money..gave advance..next day morning, furniture was to be moved to that place...she said just in a night..i dont feel like going there and called her mother and said..mera dam ghut raha hai is ghar mein, come and take me,,i can't live here, i mean suddenly..without any reason..i then suggested her to go  back to her parents house which is far from delhi...and meantime i will find out a place according to her choice...on our way, she started shouting..drop me here on the road..i dont want to go back..i will jump out of car or will throw the kid out...i right now wish to change so find out a home...i was on road for 3-4 hours...how do u expect me to find a house there and then...still i managed to find out a place in south delhi, i went inside to see the place with the dealer...she said she just joins me and when i am back..she is not there in the car..passerby said,..the lady just took an autorickshaw and left...to my surprise..when i tried contacting her..she said i dont want to live in this place..i said thats ok but why u ran away like this..leaving the kid with me..earlier also she did the same thing twice..she ran away saying she is going out for some work and then we come to know she gone back to her hometown...her parents also dont come to solve it or ask us..why r we not behaving properly or whatever allegations she is putting on us...they dont even contact us...so am not sure whether she wants to live with me or not...i mean there is no guarantee of her behaviour...i mean her behaviour is abonormal now...as explained above...so i hv no confidence in her...i mean given an option, am ready to back out but here laws are not so simple and i cant get out also of this marriage...who has time to take leaves and then run in courts ...but living with her is also a difficult task...new place...new maid..no surity about her behaviour,..i mean she shd spend sometime with the maid ..know each other...spend time with kid...see all facilities available in new place...i mean overnight to kuch nahi hota...so this puts me in doubt whts in her mind...also coz she never call me...no attachment...now even with the kid..as the kid is with me from last two weeks...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register