Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dishonest lawyer

Page no : 2

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     23 May 2015

@  Dear Kalaiselvan,

Your style of writing to deal with the query indicates one day you will be an wise counsel in the Bar, at least I HOPE SO.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     23 May 2015

@ Dear Kalaiselvan,

Going through your style of writing I am hopeful one day you will be a wise counsel  in the Bar.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2015

Respected Roy Sir (Dear Dad), Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for your blessings. I shall look for your more motivations which I believe shall keep me in tact and in the right path.  Thank you for your appreiations, I shall take it as your guidance and blessings. 

innocenthusband   25 May 2015

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate
The subject divorce is not based on the short or long term/duration/tenure of marriage. It is a different subject to that of marriage, in fact both or two different poles on the opposite side, when they both come together anything can happen i.e., resumption of marital voyage or splitting apart for ever.  

In your case, if the marriage is hardly 9 months old, you may have to wait for atleast one year period to complete from the date of marriage to file  divorce petition.

You may wait patiently for the time to take its toll, as the time passes, one can expect some definite changes, remain calm for the interim period, allow her to make more mistakes, watch them carefully, secure the evidences of her mistakes, later on it depends whether you admonish her mistakes and take her back into the matrimonial fold or deciding to quit the married life once and for ever. 

The marriage is now 15 months old, she abandoned me after the 9th month. After which I have wasted 6 months with my lawyer. One court appointed counseling session is over, where I made it clear to the counselor that I do not want a person who has filed a criminal case on me and my family back under any circumstance. I also made it clear that I will not settle for any amount and that I will fight it out in court. I met the lawyer today and he has no objections with parting ways. From the way he spoke, it seems he will represent my wife, using all the privileged information that I gave him. Is there any law which prohibits a lawyer who represents the plaintiff after working for the defendant? Is there any code of ethics in the bar that he has breached?

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     25 May 2015

If such duality of an Advocate as complained of can be proved it will constitute MISCONDUCT as underlined in Advocates Act and that can be dealt with by the Bar Council of your State.for disciplinary action.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register