Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniessh Sethh   22 February 2022

Different pen used during registry signing and one additional signature on the back side

So I got my registry done recently, the bank loan people give the cheque number after checking the original papers of the seller at the time of the registry. Which resulted in that page printing later, and me(buyer) signing one of the papers in the middle ( page 3 ) with different pen than the rest of the papers. Is that fine or not ? My major concern is, will it look fraud that one of the middle papers that are supposed to be sign in single flow is signed in a different ink. Same color, just different pen. Also, I signed one extra signature on the back side where witness signatures are taken on the copy that is given to sub registrar. Is that fine or not ?

Basically I signed all papers with my pen, buyer 2 and seller signed with one pen. I signed one page with the same pen as buyer 2 and seller. 

Can I do a rectification deed to get this fixed?

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 February 2022

Signing with differnt pen do not render the document as invalid, there is no requirement for getting rectification deed executed if the facts are limited to signing with different pen only.

However, it would be better to show the document to a local prduent lawyer for proper analyses of the facts and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register