Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can wife seek compensation from husband's girl friend?

Page no : 2

(Guest)

the family of this victim must appeal against this verdict in HC or SC to give justice to their deceased daughter...

cm jain sir (ccc)     04 January 2012

This lady had ruined the life of her husband as well as the newly wed wife. 3rd person is the convicted guy.

becoz of her total 3 lives gone!!!

How this judgement is possible . I think our Ld judges also does a guess work. This shud be challanged at higher courts.

(Guest)

There is no 3rd person...

Only 2 persons,ie,the husband and the deceased wife.The husband got convicted,but the lady who was responsible for the suicide got acquitted..

Ranee....... (NA)     04 January 2012

@Gullu     no woman should be allowed free if she commits wrong.No one is above law.

@galsober    u r rite.like maintenance petitions are moved according to law.!!

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     04 January 2012

I am agree with Mr. Joshi. but lets wait for the judgement of Gujrat HC.

sharad raghav - 9990549475 (lawyer)     04 January 2012

this could be done....see it is quite possibe b'coz society changes rapidly and as we all know that law has always been moving with society.i believe  HC respond positively.

1 Like

mahesh verma (service)     04 January 2012

dear friend

domestic violence act cover the members of family and relative and does not cover girl friends and keep. hence. there is no qauestion of compensation by wife from the husband on the ground of keeping a keep

1 Like

mahesh verma (service)     04 January 2012

no..wife cannoy claim compensation under dv act 2005 bcoz the defination of dv comprise the members of family n otherrelatives but doesnot include other than family members no provision is availabla for compensation in dv act on the ground of any mental n physical agony or injury in dv act 2005

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register