LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 September 2011

Offical stats. of s 498a ipc acquitel or discharge

Offical Stats. on disposal of S. 498a IPC cases by Trial Courts during year 2009

Total No. Of Cases For Trial Including Pending Cases from previous year 2008 carried forward to year 2009 - 3,23,355 cases

Out of which Compounded or Withdrawn by Complainant - 7111 cases

No. of cases in which trials were completed :-

Resulting into Conviction - 7380 cases
Resulting into Acquitel or Discharg - 29,943 cases

Pending trial at the end of the year 2009 - 2,78,921 cases

So how much is the % of acquitel or discharge then ????

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

this does not build confidence in  our justice system...

these are irrelevant facts...

more important are how much money spent by petitioners and respondent on each case... calculate the legal scam now...

justice or injustice or illegal financial transactions...

nobody seems responsible here...

Raj patel (Manager)     03 September 2011

This seems 80% husbands and family were accussed wrongly by their beloved wife/daughter-in-law.

Why these women don't use their own brain and be more practical towards life. Moreover, dragging old parents in law are unforgiven crime. Court may not able to judge everything truley but God does.

The above comment is for people who were harrased by false 498a or DV or whatever...so ladies please think twice before you answer. When there is true 498a then the family must be punished and I am sure all shall agree with it.

Raj

(Guest)

What is the source of this information?

From the numbers given above it seems statistics are only for cases being carried forward from previous years.  _ That is withdrawn/discharged/convicted numbers is not included for cases filled in 2009.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 September 2011

Originally posted by :Onlytruth
"
1. What is the source of this information?

https://ncrb.nic.in/CII-2009-NEW/cii-2009/Table%204.12.pdf 

2. From the numbers given above it seems statistics are only for cases being carried forward from previous years.  That is withdrawn/discharged/convicted numbers is not included for cases filled in 2009.

Take: It is obvious that a S. 498a IPC case doesnot reach meaningful conclusion either way in just 1 year (to the best of my knowledge as I have not come across one) hence cases which were filed in 2008 and before and could not close are continuing next year and are carried to next year stats. and so on so forth happens. The link is from Govt. official website not mine BTW.  Meanwhile any case that were withdrawn / discharged / convicted and were filed in say 2005 but conclusion either way happned in say year 2009 is obvious to come in 2009 year statistics !

However you may write directly to NCRB seeking answers to their methodology to collect such datas and enlighten us.............
"

(Guest)

Taj,

Thanks for giving source.

My question about 2009 statistics was to make right interpretation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register