Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RTI application by register post

Page no : 2

(Guest)

How do I now submit the application addessed to PIO? How the Fee is to be paid -in cash or by postal order? Do i get some receipt from the post master? I would like to explore this option. Pl advice.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     26 July 2011

Prepare the RTI application.  Hand it over to the post office (without enveloping )so as  to verify the correctness of the PIO addressed therin. After confirming the PIO over  net, a sum of Rs.10/- would be demanded for pasting the   fee receipt on the application.The same would be pasted on your application  in your presence ( a duplicate receipt for the fees would also be handed over to you) and the post office would send it directly to the PIO in regd.post with the covering letter in the Post office letter head, and the copy of the same would be sent to your address. In this process, you are relieved of the charges for the regd post and  the strain of tracing an envelope,gum,and quing for registering it .Moreover you are rest assured that the application has been safely sent tothe addressee at Government's cost.The applicant is rest assured  that the RTI application is sent to the addressee.  in a foolproof manner. 

(Guest)

Dear Isaac

Yes it works. Post offixce at Tirulmalgerry, Sec'bad has accepted my application with 10 Rupee postal orders payable to the office of PIO. Rest all are same as stated . It has saved me from lots of harassment besides saving a substantial amount of money on registered posts.

Thanks once again. I suggest this point be well circulated to all RTI info seekers .

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     24 August 2011

Dear Mandal,Thnks for the feed back.You ought not to have enclosed the Postal order.Instead if you pay Rs.10/-in cash being the RTI fee the post office would have issued receipt for it.Here you have lost ten rupees though you have abide by the instructions. At least in future pay the fees in cash and the RTI application. The Postal Dept., has issued clear instructions to this effect.We, citizens should avail the facilities and save the hard earned money.

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     30 August 2011

"NAMASTHE"

Thanks for the solution givend to us... after ages I have got to see the real implementation on the Government scheme to the citizens.. I have a small Doubt in my mind is the same can me worked for the First Appeal & for the state information commission & for the central information comission?.  I live in the premises of HEAD POST OFFICE {571401}. MANDYA, KARNATAKA.. please inform me whom I have to contact i.e (Designated officer & the cader of the officer).. this will help me to make my application easy.

if the officer doesnot responds to my erquest, Then which Document I have to show & convince him/her.. because I always face very pathitic employees in the H.P.O.

MANY THANKS FOR THE OPPURTUNITY GIVEN TO ME... Once again I Thank you  RES. ISSAC GABRIEL SIR.. you have opened the world of Oppurtunity to us.. Thanks A lot for all the BLOGERS... Vijai kirthi, Mandya

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     31 August 2011

In reply to Shekha (26th July), you can send RTI appliction against the cooperatives right from primary to apex level.Verify the website of the coopertive department wherin details of the pio etc., are given. In respect of appeals first and second, the procedure is simple that it could be sent with a five rupees stamp.affixed therin.I am thankful to Haridas Mandal and Vijay Keerthi for the feed backs. We should thank the Admin for the opportuity for a healthy interaction.

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     31 August 2011

"NAMASTHE"

Many Thanks for the feedback & the oppurtunity given to me to address the issues here. .. Yes RES. ISAC SIR, we should realy thank the ADMIN in this regard.....

Could you just elaborate the issue {In respect of appeals first and second, the procedure is simple that it could be sent with a five rupees stamp} it will be very helpfull to me & who is the Designated officer whom I have contact in the POST office?... It seems  very silly for persons of your calliber. Kindly help me.

"MANY THANKS & REGARDS" ..... Vijai Kirthi

Naresh Chandra Goyal (Chairman)     01 September 2011

shekhar ji, an application u/s 6of RTI Actfor seeking informations  with an IPO of Rs10 in the name of CPIOin the case of central Govt and to PIOin the case of state Govt then write the name of the office from where you are seeking infomation . the informations pertaining to the defence or declared secret can not be taken. you can also get the copy of the documents or CDby paying the additional amount by way of IPO on their demand.for more you can talk on Mob No.09414072738.

(Guest)

Dear Sri Isaac

Net results following the procedures recommended by you in this forum- I have paid only Rs 10 as RTI appl fee for each appl and deposited with the post master Trimulgherry, Secunderabad , AP -500015 last month. Thus I saved Rs 5 on each appl. It was delivered by the postal department to the respective PIO with intimation to me. It was like sending Regd post which costs Rs 30 per post. Thus I saved Rs 30 on Regd post per appl. I have received replies wrong untruthful or otherwise from the PIO/CPIOs against each of my RTI appl submitted through post office. Hitherto I was sending those appl with Rs 10 postal order on an envelope of Rs 5 and Rs 3 per three on UPCs. It was appx 60 % hits as some of the offices were not replying and the correspondence with the postal deptt on that issue was cumbersome . I like to put my appreciation to you on record.

Now I wish to go one step further- In one of the reply namely from RTI CELL Army Headquarters against my Appl dated 11 Aug 2011 I have just recd a reply stating , I quote "1.  Ref your-----dated 4 Aug recd at this ofice on 11 Aug 2011. Info ----is ready for provisioning.2.  Info can collected by you personally or it can be forwarded by post.Please intimate the desired option.3. If you choose to have info by post kindly forward a postal order in favour of --------for providing the inrormation. The break down of the information material charges as follows:- (a) Info material charges ----Rs 4 (b)  Regd postal charges ---Rs 30. --4.  Incase you desire to collect the info personally--------. 5.  Info will be provided to you on receipt of info material charges.  6. The add of First appellate ----. xx 

I would like to know :

Whether two pages of material charges was not covered in Rs 10 RTI fee paid? 

Second If I choose to get the info material by ordinary post is there a possibility that info will not be delivered at all ? 

Can I ask the CPIO to submit the info material to the nearest post office at delhi addressed to me and the info is delivered by the postal auth doubly ensured.

In gist I would like to save that Rs 30 on the Regd postal charges but at same time to ensure that info is delivered to me .

Pl advice what should be my most appropriate action in this case?

Regards 

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 September 2011

Thanks for the feed back.The procedure is for sending the RTI application.For getting the informaion, the requisite fee has to be paid by the applicasnt as per the act.Your suggestion for transmitting the reply  to the applicant by the PIO   in the same procedure  also could be made to the Government, 

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     03 October 2011

'NAMASTHE'

Dear Issac Sir & to all,

As you have Guided me to the send my application through CAPIO of post  office. i have sent my 4 of the aplication through this route and saved my lotss of money in this regard .

but on 22'nd of September I have  sent the application to the State Mines & Geology Department ... Deputy director, Mines and geology/ Ramnagar/ Karnataka.  & to the PMO, New delhi. on 30'th of sep. I received  the post office Letter reply only of the PMO New Delhi> I have takend teh UCR of bothof my applicaton on the day itself.

My question is wheather the Concern Head Post office only Accepts only of the Central GOV. as you have clarified in the Previous reply that Both Central & State offices accpets the application.

Please clarify me on this. Whom the concern official I have to contact in the post office  & how?. Thanks in advance..............Vijai kirthi, Mandya

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     13 October 2011

1- Mr. Isac is right.

2- Sukumara Pillai you can file application under RTI to your own PIO

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register