Incomplete and biased chargesheet in 498a

In my case IO has subimted incomplete chargesheet before court. He hides important documents/evidence that can lead to discharge all accused.

Now I and my lawyer is planning to move an application in concerned court that IO has not done proper investigation and he hides essential documents submitted by me during the investigation which is clear by observing charge sheet.

There is no doubt in the fact that based on those document entire case can be proved wrong and accused can be discharged safely at the time of charge frame.

I need expert advice about what would be the best move for me. What are the things we need to keep in mind while drafting the application? Is there anything else we can do at this moment. My date of charge frame is in August.


Improper or faulty investigation cannot and will not be the cause to discharge or acquit the accused charged with some criminal offence, be it cognizable or noncognizable. Once the investigation and the associated charge sheet is submitted under section 173(2) Cr PC, the investigation is deemed complete. If IO submits his investigation report but with further investigation under section 173(8) Cr PC with request to the court, then the said investigation report is deemed incomplete. The defense lawyer of the accused during framing of the charges by the court cannot discuss or argue over the evidence. If prima facie the accused has been charged of an offence, the trial is must and then evidence could be examined and sentence or acquittal could be the end result. 2) If there is abuse of process, the revision under section 482 Cr PC could be filed before HC, even before the pronouncement of the judgement of the trial court.....IN SHORT. 3) The documents which you may have to prove your innocence are subject matter of the trial.

Total likes : 1 times


Read, "once the investigation report and the the associated charge sheets is submitted under section 173(2) Cr PC, the investigation is deemed complete".



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu