LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Bellare (IT)     23 August 2016

Defamation for false accusations of forged document

The petitioner has filed a complaint stating the sale deed registered about 30 years ago was then forged. The fact is then documents were hand written and corrections made were signed by all parties. The claim is that the corrections were forged and complaint has been registered with Local Police and Tashildaar. Can I file a defamation case now against the petitioner and lawyers?

Learning

5 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     23 August 2016

There is no bar to file defamation against the complainant and his lawyer u/s 499 IPC read with 500 IPC if you have enough proof that the plaintiff is false and defamatory. Also you can register perjury us/ 340 CrPC read with 195 CrPC.

However,

burden of proof of these all cases lies on you.

1 Like

Thank you Mr.Smith. I will discuss further with my lawyer considering your advice.

(Guest)
Its correct but only one thing u have patince to fight long battle in indian court

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     23 August 2016

Originally posted by : sr
Its correct but only one thing u have patince to fight long battle in indian court

One can apply for Speedy Trial in HC for such situations. Sample petition is available in my profile links. 

Will it speedup if I clarify the valid documents infront of the court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register