Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Kumar   28 January 2016

Defamation case against a bank employee/Bank

Hello, 

I have my 3 EMIs pending from axis bank personal loan, As I was unable to repay, I visited the bank to talk to them for possibilities of rescheduling EMI amount or to ask for sometime to repay the pending dues. They called to the work bay where loan dept sits, The concerned manager started abusing me with filthy words & shouted at me infront of everyone alomst 25 workers of the bank, also few public were there in the bank. I just said I need sometime to repay. i never said I will not pay!!. 

Now this is really embarassing and I want to file a defamation case against this Employee.

Please let me know if this is possible & if this will give any result to me!

Learning

8 Replies

k dayal   28 January 2016

Dear Friend, instead of wasting time to take action against bank employ who used harsh words against you just remember one line kutta muje kat sakta hain main kutte ko nahi, work very hard to earn that much money that in future you never need to borrow money from any body.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 January 2016

Consult an able lawyer and obtain interim order from DCDRF/Court that CCTV footage with audio not be deleted and produced in court/DCDRF.

Lodge police complaint.

Lodge complaint with RBI and file for civil and crimnal defmation and suit for damages.

B Kumar   28 January 2016

@ K Dayal & @Kumar Doab : Thanks a lot for the reply. I will approach a lawyer soon.

@K Dayal: I completely agree with this: "work very hard to earn that much money that in future you never need to borrow money from any body". But I don't want to let it go bcoz it was a huge embarasment for me!

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 January 2016

Before filing Defamation suit, immediately seek CCTV footage from the Bank either under RTI Act or under CPAct through sending registered notice.

m.kameswaran (student)     29 January 2016

send a notice  by through ur lawyer to the bank and ask footage through RTI. if u file complaint ,police  will try to delay. 

B Kumar   01 February 2016

Thanks for the response. Is Axis bank covered under the RTI? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2016

RTI route can be pursued thru RBI, also.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 February 2016

You are also a consumer, and paid consideration though interest for services availed as loan.  You can demand information stating both RTI & CPA, but under CP Act no fee is required.  Hence you may inform in the application to debt your account with fees for information if any from your account. (I am sure that Axis Bank must be under RTI as main stake holder is UTI).  You can not get the information through RBI as CCTV footage is not under custody and control of RBi and those footage can not be in their records.  For the sake of providing information, no Public Authority seeks information from other Public Authority, beause some one has solicited.  If that record is available with RBI, they have to provide.  As no such footage is available at RBI it can never be provided.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register