LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuragsharma   28 February 2016

Defamation case

My ex employer sent me legal notice and claimed my online post defamatory where i wrote whatever happened with me when i resigned from there even they took my money. Now they sent legal notice where they demanding 5crore rs.What if they win the case sine as an individual i dont have enough money to fight against them. Do i have to pay 5 crore to them?

Learning

4 Replies

KS Johal   28 February 2016

You need to provide more information regarding your employer and your employment as an employee. What type of job was you doing and what sort of contract did you have with the employer. After how many years or months has this case been brought against you. Please provide some concrete information because dafamation cases are rather complex in nature.

anuragsharma   28 February 2016

It is an IT company and i worked there for 5 yrs as an sw engineer.i resigned on last year i published my online post last week and today i rcvd the notice. I didnt said any abusive word in the post and whatever written was true.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     29 February 2016

If you can manage to prove that whatever was written was in fact true , you won't have to pay a single paisa .

m.kameswaran (student)     01 March 2016

what have u written and posted. post it exactly without any change.and post what exactly in the notice  u received. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register