Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bubu (Self)     06 May 2014

Daughter's passport

Hi, 

I made a huge mistake for which I am repenting. I applied for my minor daughter's passport with a changed DOB suppressing the previous existing passport she has. I really had no idea that the Passport Officer would be able to know about this. However in this information age it was my bad.

The Passport Officer was not amused and asked me to give an Explanation in a Rs.10 Stamp Paper asking why the previous passport was suppressed and why is the DOB changed.

Is it possible to get the new passport application cancelled without having any effect on the current passport of my daughter by the Passport Authority. We shall not be seeking any change of DOB for her henceforth. We would also like to retain the current passport

Also what are the implications if I don't follow up the new application any further, would my daughter's previous Passport get flagged and cause problems for foreign travel and VISAs.

Would her VISAs get rejected if we don't bring a closure to the newly applied passport.

Please let me know what would be the best explanation to give to the Passport Officer as I am worried for the future of my daughter for my blunder. I want to bring this to a closure in an urgent basis

Please Help with your valuable advice.

Regards

Bubu

Learning

2 Replies

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     06 May 2014

Dear Bubu,

Always you shall be very careful in matters like these...You approach a notary for this problem and find a good ground for the change in DOB. One more information all your details of passport will be stored in database including your visa details and address in foreign country...So never try again..Better make an affidavit stating that it was a typographical error committed by the typist and you have not noticed the same. Now you have given this affidavit stating all the particulars...You forgot to include the previous passport details and you are apologizing for the same. Then the Passport Officer will consider and issue a new passport....If any penalty is imposed, be ready to pay...but in general process no penalty...

Bubu (Self)     06 May 2014

Thanks Solomon,

Is it possible to request the Passport Officer, to cancel the new application and keep the old one.

Regards

Bubu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register