LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     15 September 2010

Criminal Intimidation by PolicyBazaar Telemarketer

There was a heinous and nasty call from PolicyBazaar Telemarketer on 9/14 evening:

Calling Number (X-Originating-Number): 911244576777 

Called Date: September 14 2010
Called Time: 1645 hours
Caller Name: Preeti 
Called Purpose: Personal Loan

Offence Number 1: No adherence to NDNC norms.
Offence Number 2: No knowledge of NDNC norms besides refusal to listen about NDNC
Offence Number 3: Vehement Vishing Attempt and Intimidating questions like "when do you want the loan -- next week, next month and all gibberish crappy questions."

There is no resolution or response on the complaint to PolicyBazaar yet. Is this a company run by underworld dons? How to go about tackling them?

Learning

2 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     15 September 2010

How to File a Complaint

Subscriber may complaint to his telecom service provider, if he receives Unsolicited Commercial Communnication (UCC) even after 45 days of regisering his number for UCC. While making the complaint to this telecom service provider, he should mention the call originating telephone number, date/time of the call and type of commercial message. It may be noted that complaint should be lodged within 15 days from the receipt of such UCC.

The subscriber should insist for the complaint No. which should be kept for further reference.

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

Dear Vishal,

I have duly reported the same to my cellular operator (Bharti Airtel, Chennai). But my point is that this is way beyond a normal selling (aka) unsolicited telemarketing but hints to hinge over being a nuisance call disguised as a trade solicitation. Hence the need to escalate to the higher matrix if one exists.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register