Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivasan (executive imports)     01 July 2010

what to do in this mutual oral agreement case?

hi all,

This is srinivas. I am constructing a residence in first floor. i have chosen on non-engineering local guy who use to construct residence in our city. We both mutually agreed on oral basis, that i will provide materials and he needs to finish the building and get the labour cost. there is no written agreement/contract between us.

The project cost was 6 Lakhs. out of which 3L has been loaned from LIC. we have paid 3 L as a labour charge and have detailed accounts with his signature. After 3/4th completion he stil asked 1L. we were taken aback. so he left without finishing 1/4th work. As this 1/4th includes stair case, levelling at terrace etc. He went to construction union and demanded 1L. but we never agreed to that since we have been records and we paid all the labour charges.

After 8 months, we started constructing with new engineer to finish portico and the remaining 1/4th work. Now the old one came and stopped the construction of portico. he also gave petition to the SI of poilce and screwed them.

my doubts..                                      

1. How come the labour cost would shoot up 66 percent.? i.e the total project cost was ly 6L. how come labour cost would be 4L

2. Si of poilce has been screwed by this fellow. and asked u not to construct the portigo.

3. What is the role of income tax for that 1L?

I dont know how to deal this in legal. bcos it is based on oral agreement. can i get injection order to construct portigo ?bcos rain water peeps inside my home and more water is been staginating in the terrace due tot he lack of levelling. hope more mosquitos would breed.

pls tel me some suggtion and help me out.. urgent

regards,

Sri,s

Learning

3 Replies

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     01 July 2010

sir,

already u have changed the abour.your constructions wa approved by the corporation/muncipality you need not stop the construction

in this view police has no power to stop your project its entirely a civil nature.might be he labour managed the police.

if u have good title over property, ur construction is carrring on the basis of the plan no one has a right to get an injection order aganist you for stopping of the construction.

1 Like

Daksh (Student)     01 July 2010

Mr.Srinivasan,

Let bygone be bygone and at the first available opportunity just jot down every detail of the transaction including but not limited to the consideration amount and construction(quality of construction) and wait for his reply.  Do not forget to mention that on account of his action detrimental and prejudicial to you you have suffered in mental and monetary terms.  Try your facts match with the figure.  Either he accepts or rejects your version and once the record is being created you can nail him down for being not experienced/qualified and causing loss to you.

Best Regards

Daksh

1 Like

srinivasan (executive imports)     01 July 2010

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your reply. Really a usefull infrmation to me.

Since SI of poilce could press me to some extend. Shall i get the injection order from court to keep me in safe hands?

Astually we had a three round talks with that guy and his unions. but he is increasing his demand and not contained. shall i take pictures of the building he left unfinshed ?

Send me little more suggestion to keep in away from that irresponsible fellow.... Really a great thanks to srikath and daksh...  i admire them as well...

due to this fellow...

1. my terrace would become breeding place of mosquito.

2. Police have to work for unneccesary cases.

3. our name has spoiled in our locality. no one in our street have not seen police.

4. he stopped the workers to do work. so they lost thier work for 2 days.

5.  he made us to wait for 8 months. but still he didnt finish off the constrution. and demands more money

6. we are paying LIC loan for 8 months without full completion of work.

7. we missed to enjoy the breeze in our terrace without staircase.

8.  of all above. we lost the confidence in him as he made us to put tose.

thank  you

regards,

Sri.s

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register