Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maya   12 October 2023

Can canadian citizen apply divorce in india?

I called cops since my spouse harmed my parents by hitting them severely in Canada. The incident was caught ion CCTV and hence there was a big evidence. Being her first case, she was allowed free with a peace bond. I have retained that video and peace bond. She apologized and we started living together. But she changed after peace bond period completed

Besides that video, I have tons of videos showing her violent side with abuses even in front of our little kids. However, all these videos were taken in Canada

I worry that she may file divorce in her next visit to India as she has a big chances of losing child custody in Canadian court due to her violence history. Can she file divorce despite being Canadian citizen(all of us are canadian citizens of India origin)?

If yes, does court considers such videos of Canada as an evidence to qualify her as an abusive partner(and mother)?

Learning

1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     12 October 2023

Facts remain facts in any country or language. The footages and the bond is enough for you to defend yourself. She can file divorce in India and you may choose too to file divorce in India or canada.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register