Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaav Pandey   24 July 2023

Mental harrassment at workplace

Hello Lawyers

I have been working in a reputed private CBSE school since 2019. In first 2.5 years everything was good then I was started being target for some mistake, which are so common and when I asked where were the written instructions then the responsible person denied that we won't inform you.

The same mistake committed by other teachers she neglected them and highlighted me only.

We are not allowed to sit in the class, not to go even to the washroom and our principal always believes on one side feedback (the feedback given by our coordinator) and she didn't call me to listen my version.

When I went her to explain she threw my written explanation letter and denied to listen my statement.

Prima facie there were instructional delays from her side then they held me responsible for all the negligence (while my negligence was consequencial).

Her coordinators freely come and disrespect teachers in front of the students and all these she is not ready to listen at all.

Since last year I have started facing health issues like migraine, swelling in legs.in response to this Principle said it's my incapability. While there is no issue from students or parents side against me, it's only the coordinator and principal helding me up responsible for all the miscommunication.

Kindly guide me which and what legal rights I can avail.

Where I can complaint against the coordinator for mentally harrassing me.

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 July 2023

The posting is too general and short of material facts which could constitute a cause of action for redressal of grievance even within the organisation/institution. In every organisation, even within the family, there are bound to be ego clashes based on personal perceptions and only remedy is taking up the difficult situations as challenges and opprtunities.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2023

Targeting a person in the work atmosphere with constant attacks directly or indirectly are common.

If it is beyond tolerance  then you can, if it is a government school give a complaint against the coordinator or the principal before the education authorities and if it is a private shool then make a complaint with the correspondent about this non conucive situation.

If you are forced to resign or your services are terminated then you can approach legal forum i.e., labor court or high court. for relief and remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register