Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2023

Whoever causes hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life, or the personal safety of others, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees, or with both

You can go through varioud provisions of law provided in Chapter XVI – Of Offences Affecting Life
under  Indian Penal Code, 1860

Niharika Lohan   01 July 2023

Hi Anil Ji, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

Chap XVI deals with “Offences affecting the Body” which in lay man terms are referred to “Bodily Offences”, S.299-377 are provided under the said chapter.

If by the query you meant to ask, “what are bodily offence?” Then here is my answer.

These are offences committed against the person/human body which might be of little impact / injury (assault, simple hurt) or of fatal nature (culpable homicide, murder, etc.) there is a detailed list of kinds of different offences under this chapter.

I’m attaching links for relevant articles for your convenient reading. Kindly find them below.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/section-320-of-ipc-everything-you-need-to-know-14050.asp

I hope this information helps and for further information, you can contact me via email at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register