LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prateek Ranjan   03 February 2019

interracial marriage

I want to marry a girl who is from Vietnam and I am belong to Hindu family Living in India .
So I just wanted to know what are the documents me and my friend have to prepare and what is procedure to marry in India legally and what is the procedure that my friend get Indian citizenship after marriage .
Please tell me the things related to this query .
My friend is not a Hindu she follow no religion but in government id she write Buddhism.
Thank you.

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 February 2019

Marry a foreigner in India according to civil form of marriage under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. No requirement of parties same religion or nationality for civil marriage under this Act. The foreigner will not get Indian citizenship immediately but she can apply for OCI or PIO after 2 years of marriage, till that time she can live with you in india on long term visa available for spouse of Indian citizen.
1 Like

Hello sir thank u for reply After how much time she can get Indian citizenship And what documents we need for marriage in India .

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     03 February 2019

Agree with learned Advocate Mr. Vijay

1 Like

Proof of age, address of both parties. Proof of her being unmarried or single from her country in the form of NOC from her local embassy in India, valid passport and visa for India for stay for as much long she can get. Citizenship of India for her will take 7 years after her marriage to Indian.
1 Like

so court marriage is advisable in India ?

Yes court marriage only under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 not that Hindu marriage done in some fake Arya Samaj and registered with Hindu marriage registrar which may get challenged at any stage by any authority in India or anywhere in the world.
1 Like

thanks a lot sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register