LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     03 February 2019

Review Application in HC

My advocate has filed a Review App in a HC order, that Judge has elevated in supreme court....my lawyer saying he has to file review in Superme court now....
in place of review can we file CP in HC . ??
The matter pertains to the Title of a imm-property in SMA, which is grabbed by the neighbour land owner.
Sir any other option plz.

Learning

5 Replies

we wanted to save Revision and appeal remedy at this stage.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     03 February 2019

That is not correct, you stated that you already filed Review in High court,,if the Judge gets Transferred or elevates(i.e not availble to hear the application)  or whatever the application shall belisted before anyothet availble judge.to hear the  review on merits. It is review of judgment not otherwise.

Just forget everything and proceed your application where it is pending diaposal.

You cannot file Review  in Supreme Court just because the Judge who  passed the judgment got elevated to SC,.

That is not correct, you stated that you already filed Review in High court,,if the Judge gets Transferred or elevates(i.e not availble to hear the application)  or whatever the application shall be listed before anyother availble judge normally to  hear the  review on merits . It is review of judgment not otherwise. Just forget everything and proceed your application where it is pending diaposal. You cannot file Review  in Supreme Court just because the Judge who  passed the judgment got elevated to SC,.  

1 Like

Thank you sir.

you are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register