LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jack N   03 February 2019

BDA Asked For Original Will Copy

Hey all I submitted a original copy of will to BDA as per their request for rectified deed. In their acknowledgement they have written will received and I request them to write original Wil received but they denied it to do. My question here Is, is it OK? And in case if I need my original copy how to get it back? Note : my will is registered with notary.

Learning

5 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     03 February 2019

Since your Will Deed is not registered with registrar where from you would obtain a certified copy. 

However you can file application in the Office wher you submitted your will deed ask them to issue you a certified copy attested by their office. If they refuse you can approach to their higher authorties.If still they failed to issue the copy the you can approach the Court for issuance of appropaite directions upon them for issuance of original will deed.

If you fear that taking any such steps will displease the officails an may create [rpblem in your dealings then request them vehemently.

1 Like

Jack N   03 February 2019

Thank you for response sir. I had asked for rectified copy with them they told they will not provide rectified copies with them. However once total papers register with my name is will require in future?

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     03 February 2019

If your will deed is limited to registration of the papers only the that is fine. The will deed is the basic document upon which you get title of property,it is better to preserve it ,just for your safety so that your title is not challanged in future.

Jack N   05 February 2019

Sure sir will ask them shortly. The support of yours is very much appreciated thanks a lot. Will update you my status here in this thread in future 👍🏼

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     05 February 2019

You are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register