LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarah Khan   06 May 2018

False promise of marriage

Hi All, I was in a relationship with this guy since a year.We were quite serious with each other and he even told me that we would get married.He later shifted to another city and problems started cropping up between us.I went there to ask him about the issues and we got physical bcoz he told me we will get married. Now he is in a relationship with another girl whereas he is going for an arrange marriage.I approached his parents for help but they denied saying he always intended for arrange marriage.I m planning to file a criminal complaint against him as i want to get married to him and fulfil his promise. Also, i have chats where he had said we would get married and hotel bill as well with separate rooms for both of us.Are these sufficient to prove and would i get relief from court.I also don't want him to rot in jail but I can't leave my justice as well.What would be the legal remedies which would make him realise his wrongdoings and marry me. Please advise.

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     06 May 2018

You may do whatever you like or ill-advised by some stupid lawyer, but fact remains you cannot force him to marry him, secondly you became physical by your own sweet will and even if there was a promise for marriage that by itself cannot be said to be fraud committed by him by not marrying you now or withdrawing his consent for marriage. The person once willing to marry can always have change of mind and no one can force him to continue his promise once made. Like in the case where both married parties agree or give consent for divorce by mutual consent, are free to withdraw their consent for the same either solely or jointly and no fraud is said to be committed by the withdrawal of once consent.

No criminal charges can be proved against him by not marrying you now although he promised once to do so.

1 Like

TGK REDDI   06 May 2018

Shri Vijay Raj Mahajan

Words fail me to aptly appreciate your excellent and revolutionary Reply.

Sarah Khan   06 May 2018

I am sorry but I beg to differ with your opinion. You mean to say that any guy can false promise anything and that no criminal offence has been committed if the consent was conditional on an act.The concent wasn't free.Section 417 does come into picture in these kinds of situations.Thanks a lot for your precious advice.

Sarah Khan   06 May 2018

Also as per the recent verdict of Madhya Pradesh high court '' Women's body is not a man's plaything ''. Section 376 could also be pressed in. I wasn't on a look for a moral but rather legal advice for a wrong doing. I know marriage can't be coerced but the accused deserve to be punished.

TGK REDDI   06 May 2018

I also mean a girl shouldn't surrender her body on a mere promise.       She's supposed to wait till the marriage.     If you're above 18, he can't be prosecuted.

Sarah Khan   06 May 2018

Mr Reddi..Having gone through most of your posts i can see a pattern of humour. A humble request if you don't want to advise then please don't make a joke out of serious issues. I would rather consult a lawyer then to hear all the moral preachings on a legal platform. Thanks for your precious time.

TGK REDDI   06 May 2018

Thank you very much for your manners.     I expected vulgar words from you.   

I request you to respect humour.

But, in my reply to you, there was nothing humourous.

You hate my replies in this Forum.      Do you hate the behaviour of other vulgar members?

It's not my humour that repels you.     The absence of feminism in me repels you.     You can criticise me as you like.       Because you have majority with you which readily pity women.     i'm a revolutionary.     I'm destined to such hatred.

On the contrary, I became world famous for my genuine extraordinary ideology.      I care this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More