LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharmila D (HR)     12 February 2018

Power of attorney

Sir,My father passes on 2016 Aug due to dementia and other aliment ,he owns a house in chennai,my mom passed away 2003 and i have younger brother , he is have the house document, and he says he as POA in his name gave by my father on 2012 , let me know if its valid to transfer the property to his name now

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 February 2018

No. After death of the father the principal, the son the attorney cannot use the power of attorney. POA is no more valid and it's use will amount to criminal offence.
1 Like

Sharmila D (HR)     12 February 2018

sir 

Now i requested for partion ,but he not willing to give, when we bought this house their was old house and we built new house in front plot ,now he says i can take the old house and new house he will take, am not willing to take this because i have no money to demolish and construct a house, am married women got null n void immediately after year of marriage in 2009, since then am staying in same house .my brother got married after my dads death in 2017,he wants to own whole house and trying to throw me out with help of my relatives, my relatives are blackmailing me to make me orphan.is that legal to send me out by my brother??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register