Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vhikasa   30 March 2017

Can i file case against my in-laws under dp act?

I am married in the year of 2011 and I have been screwed under 498A and DP Act 2 years back by my in-laws falsely. Now, I came to know that my Wife's sister got boy to marry on contract of some dowry agreement orally. Their marriage will be performed in next few days. Can I or any other person file case under DP Act on both the parties? if yes, what is the cause and jurisdiction I need to follow?

Learning

7 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     30 March 2017

Originally posted by : Vhikasa
I am married in the year of 2011 and I have been screwed under 498A and DP Act 2 years back by my in-laws falsely. Now, I came to know that my Wife's sister got boy to marry on contract of some dowry agreement orally. Their marriage will be performed in next few days. Can I or any other person file case under DP Act on both the parties? if yes, what is the cause and jurisdiction I need to follow?

Stop thinking useless ideas and focus on your case. If you know the person who is going to marry your sister in law, you can take benefit by socially presurising on your in laws i.e for mutual settlement of cases but not in this way

1 Like

ADVOCATE NITIN KAPOOR (Advocate)     30 March 2017

they can easily prove that the articles which is being given are not dowry but rather are gifts which is permissible. 

Regards,

Adv. NITIN KAPOOR

1 Like

A walk alone (-)     31 March 2017

Dnt file any case. You may file any case in revenge but after filing case you will realize that you have yourelf spoil your life in roaming court, wasting money on lawyers with zero result. Filing any case is easy but court need evidence to prove your case. First finish your 498a and get divorce. Getting divorce should be your priority.
1 Like

Vhikasa   01 April 2017

OK and Thank you for your valuable suggestion sir.

Vhikasa   01 April 2017

Yes, Thank you for your valuable input.

Vegitta   27 April 2017

There is latest judgement where even husband can file case on in law under Dv act

veedu (-)     17 July 2017

@vegitta... can u pls share that latest judgement?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register