LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

drknshah18 (retired )     11 June 2016

Confused

my daughter have filed maintainence case in india.his husband is at singapore,the exchange rate of singapore dollar is 50 rs. but the opponent's lawyer presented ppp rate (price,parity.....) which is 1singapore dollar =17.74 (approximately as it varies ).

so now if   ppp  rate is calculated then he has to pay very low amount but exchange rate  has high amount.

which can applied ?

what is ppp rate and ppp law?it is applicable in maintainence case?and why?

or can exchange rate is applicable for the maintainance case ?and why?

is there any another such rate which is applicable to maintenance case?

what is our defence against ppp and exchange rate?

please guide me..

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 June 2016

The Family Court will take into consideration the Bank Rate of Singaporean dollar so you put up your case on the basis of bank rate prevalent in India.

PPP conversion factor will not be taken in consideration by the court as the salary the husband gets in Singapore if he has to spend it in India he has to convert the Singaporean dollar to Indian rupees through the bank in India, and it has nothing to do with PPP conversion factor.

1 Like

mrs.bakshi  and dana koyani,,surprise by irrational and illogical answer ..it seems that you donot the value of life and what is  effect of torture and pain,domestic violence,painful behaviour ..

Vijay Raj Mahajanji,thank you for giving me prompt and appropriate annswer ..

i donot have his residential address at singapore  as he has change his residence..how the order of maintenance can be furnished.kindly guide me..

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     11 June 2016

If husband's office address is available, execution orders can be served on office address.  If there is any apprehension, he may refuse to accept it, then appropriate application can be moved in the execution court to give direction to the employer to deduct the maintenance amount from the salary of the husband and deposit it directly into the account of the wife.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register