LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Gupta   18 April 2016

Query

Dear Sir/Madam My name is ravi gupta and i am from mumbai..my mother gave  Rs.10L to my meternal uncle before 4 year ago, but now he refuse to return money, what should my mother do??? is there any way to get out of my mother money back?? there is no proof that my mother is given money, no any paper proof..please guide us.

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 April 2016

then it is difficult to claim back the money as it is considered to be a gift given to your uncle

Born Fighter (xxx)     18 April 2016

Do some paper communication by email asking for the money, keep it simple. Try building up pressure. Start recording his conversation and take his admission that he had taken the money and refusing to pay.

Start building social pressure.....if itbdoesnt work then File a police complaint followed by a court case then, he needs some pressure by means of a court case........be ready to pay some money to police to give him some peace of mind .......then he will pay. Or else just forget the 10L

aahil_123   18 April 2016

I am 33 year married muslim women me andmy husband was married to each other 4 years back in 2012. We have one one 2 year old. Due to my gov job with my in laws permission i stay with my parents and manage to go husband place in holidays. Every thing was going fine but after my son's birth conditions goes worst. Due to some arguments with my in laws me and my husband was always having clashes. before one year ago after some emotional clashes my husband want me to stay with him at his place. Thought due to some family issue it was very difficult for me but i was ready to go with him at his place. but at that time he said me to wait for 6 month more. every thing was going fine but before 7 month ago i come to know that my husband is having affair with one divorcee girl. I met that girl and talk with both of them about this affair. they accept the fact and assured me that its all over now. but conditions goes worst and worst day by day. Both were not ready to leave each other. even I request him to divorce me and then marry her. but both were cheating on me i was continuously in contact with that girl she was asking me that she is not having that much affection with my husband and ready to leave him and move ahead in life. she also assured me that she was marrying to other person. after some emotional drama due to my husband health i decided to move on at my husband's place. Everybody in home blaming me and my husband was not ready to admit her affair with that girl. after me shifting to husband's place me and my husbands family come to know that my husband and that girl had registered marriage and nikah also 2 month back. he is cheating with all of us. My in laws send me back to my parents place. Initially he promised me and her family he will leave that girl. he switch off his mobile no for few weeks. after some week i come to know the fact that he is still having contact with that girl and just made drama in front of family to make us fool. He has financially also assaulted me a lot for last 3 years. from his friends i come to know some shocking fact about him. he is flirting with many girls from beginning. and that girl and he have long plan about cheating all. initially he is not ready to divorce me now after knowing all these things i dint want to leave him easily. I want to thought both of them lesson. What legal action i can take against them.

aahil_123   18 April 2016

I seek some leagal advice

Attached File : 351248 20160418170621 472682165 ahil 123.docx downloaded: 142 times

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 April 2016

@Ravi Gupta, if the amount has been loaned by way of cheque, then you can file a civil case for recovery.  But chances of winning the case are very dim, for the reason, that limitation of 3 years are also over.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 April 2016

@aahil_123, If you want divorce on the ground of adultery, you can get it.  Further, get a copy of his registered marriage certificate and that will make it easy for you to get divorce.  If your husband is in a very good financial condition than that what you are earning as Govt. employee, you will get maintenance.  Otherwise also, your child will get maintenance, if you file section 125 case against him.  In addition to this, if you want to take revenge action, you can file bigamy case against him.  Even though he is a Muslim, as he has not taken your permission, you can purusue bigamy case effectively and bring him down on his knees.

aahil_123   20 April 2016

Prahakar Sir actually he is not financially sound. I dint have any money expectation from him. I am independent and doing a govt. job. He was depended on me for money for fulfilling his needs. I just want to teach him and that girl a lesson. They both mentally harashed me a lot from last 6 -7 months. 

aahil_123   20 April 2016

How can i got registered marriage certificate copy of their marriage

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     21 April 2016

If you know in which office they registered their marriage, you can apply to them asking certified copy of the marriage certificate.  Otherwise also, by RTI you can move application.  But initially under RTI, they may object on the ground of third party.  But, if you put in your application that you are the wife of that person, you will get the copy of their registered marriage.  But for all these, you must know, in which office, they registered their marriage.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register