Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TrueFighter (Other)     02 June 2014

Divorce

Hi Law Experts,

I need your inputs on the following.

I was married in 2009, me & wife never got along due to lot of personal issues, difference in personalities. So she and me mutually agreed it is not going to work, so i dropped her to her parents home in 2011 and then due to her family pressure she filed false 498a 325 34 504 506  against me, claiming i and my family harrased her for dowry and are not allowing her to stay in matrimonial home. We received bail for the false 498a and the case has not yet started till date . I came out of india to europe for my company work and i am here since last 3 years. While coming to europe i had made power of attorney and given to my father  for representing me in court matters, take care of my property- house etc in my absence.

In Jan 2014  wife filed for RCR that she wants to come and stay in matrimonial home, and is also claiming maintenance under sec 18 HMA.

My Father is very angry since he was implicated in false 498 and now she wants to come back. Me and my father are joint owner of the matrimonial home since 2006, and after marriage wife stayed in that home for almost 1.5 years.

Due to the fear that daughter in law will come back, based on the power of attorney i had given, my father removed my name from the house and got the house registered on his name in Apr-2014

Now my question is - since my father has transferred the matrimonial house-property on his name based on POA, without my consent, (1) can the daughter in law still claim right on the matrimonial house and come back to stay in matrimonial house forcefully, (2) when i apply for divorce after false 498a is over, will the court consider  the matrimonial house as my property for granting alimony? 

I believe i am thinking too much about future events, but it is good to have knowledge

Learning

8 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

Please understand the issue from these perspectives:

1. She has filed RCR, which means that she is saying that you have withdrawn from her company without any rhyme and reason and you should be directed to stay with her.  This is a remedy asked against you, i.e. you as a person and not to stay in a particular home.

2. In HAMA 18, she is entitled for seperate residence and maintenance from you. Hence here too, she is not entitled to stay in a particular property.

However, if she would have sought remedy under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, she would have been entitled to stay in the shared household.  In which circumstances, this act of your father may or may not have helped you. The court would have to look, whether the transfer is against consideration or without consideration. Whether the property has been foregone just to avoid residence orders and so on. Whether the transfer is done before/ after the filing of the case and so on. Also, whether you are willing to give an alternative residence or not.

Hence, there can not be any simple or straight answer to your query, unless there is a PWDVA threatened against you, this is a futile exercise. Also, forcible entry w.o court orders is a seperate thing altogether and your father should seek injunction against her from committing such deed. 

If you file divorce, alimony would depend upon many factors, the property in your name held previously would not be a factor in deciding alimony, but the proceeds you got from it would be a factor in deciding alimony.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

truthseeker (xyz)     02 June 2014

Hello,

I and my family are a victim of false 498A and DV. My brother's wife under her parent's guidance rather misguidance fought and left our house in march 2012. We tried for a divorce but she is asking a huge sum, unable to meet her demands she then filed 498a and DV in 2013. My dad committed suicide in 2014. My questions are :

1) I understand court cases take ages to resolve cases. My brother has already filed divorce case in family court.is there any rule that if husband and wife are staying away from each other for 3 years and if one spouse (here wife)is not signing divorce paper then the court may intervene and grant divorce(to husband)? 

2) My dad committed suicide and left a note stating that my brother's wife and her family members have harassed him to the core. is there any punishment for wife and her family. So far has any girl ever been imprisoned for the same? in 2012 more then 64000 married men have committed suicide but never got any case where the wife and her parents are arrested/sentenced?

I really want to see them suffer and hopefully behind the bars.

Please help.

Thanks.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     02 June 2014

Please immediately file FIR against her at your local PS by mentioning their jurisdiction and PS against her and her family members U/S -

306 IPC. Abetment of suicide.

383 IPC. Extortion.

406 IPC Criminal Breach of Trust.

506 IPC. Ciminal Intimidation.

34 IPC. Common Intention of Crime.

With all the documentary evidence like copy of suicide notes and others.

Also file Perjury in the same courts where 498a, DV is going on respectively.

Please take notes from my post in the following links bellow: -

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fight-against-misuse-of-498a-ipc--103100.asp#.U4yhHXbYVdg

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 June 2014

Truthseeker,

It would have been better if you had started a new thread, anyways to answer your queries:

1. There is no such rule of 3 years divorce. A new law is pending approval in Loksabha, which is called Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage, which envisages such remedy but that is pending and no one knows in which form it would be passed.

2. I am sad about your father, but if there is a suicide note, please file a case, there are limited cases of conviction, but there are and also remember, there is always a first time for any thing.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 June 2014

Please flassh it to media also after lodging the said FIR.

truthseeker (xyz)     04 June 2014

Hi,

We have already filed FIR, but they promptly got anticipatory bail so no arrest was made.

Yes we have already flasshed it in the media. both news channels and local newspaper. here's the link

Mumbai: CA commits SUICIDE over HARASSMENT by daughter in law-TV9

Now, there have been cases in the past where daughter's in law and her relatives have been convicted. Can anyone PLEASE send me links of such cases for references. Please help.

Whats the maximum punishment they can get.How can i make sure they cant make an escape.

Thanks for all your help,

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2014

Maximum Punishment 10 Years.

There are many judgments in this regard, search www.indiankanoon.org for 306 judgments. 

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     05 June 2014

Mr. truthseeker,

Can you please explain little details as follows: -

a) Whether investigation is done?

b) Final chargessheet has been given to the court?

c) what are the evidence has been shown by the IO?

c) whether trial has been started for IPC 306?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register