Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Please Help Me (ITA)     12 November 2013

How to return stridhan

Hello,

my marriage date 20 May 2012

FIR Date : 6 Aug 2013  with 498a/406

parents got arrest notice and my case was sent to mediation.

While councelling in women cell, i have exchanged stridhan acceptance letter. we are returning almost everything except their cash transaction which false. Now i want to know how i can return stridhan. She is not demanding and even IO is also not  doing its recovery, though i have not asked IO. I was told be someone, if we return stridhan by time, i will easily get AB if mediation gets fail. So, pls suggest how i can return her stridhan whatever i have accepted on my reply to her. Pls help.. thanks

Learning

8 Replies

shabana (retired)     12 November 2013

Please do it in the presence of the police officers,who will prepare a panchnama,with witnesses

1 Like

JASWANT VIJAY AGNIHOTRI (AIR ARMY)     12 November 2013

get AB for husband  and be cool, dont return til police say to give. my case is same.

1 Like

in my case, i think girl is not ready to take it back .. she is looking for money rather bed,sofa and car ..
thats why she is not asking to take her stridhan back .. but i do not want anything and dont want to pay cash .. so want to get rid of everything asap ..

is it legal to return stridhan even if girl do not ask after FIR is done ? pls help

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2013

The girl has not demanded the return of the Streedhana properties.  Did she demand the money in her police complaint as a compensation to her streedhana properties?, if not why bothered about returning them to her so soon. Pack up all those items belonging to her and dump them in a store  room, let she take it anytime she wanted them back, never go for any compensation in terms of money for all those kinds, it is not legal as well. whether she insisted for return of her property or cash in lieu during the mediation session?  Until and unless a condition is imposed for grant of AB, do not voluntarily surrender yourself with your own thoughts and get trapped consequently.  The court cannot force her to take back all her items, it is she who has got to decide about it.  Go ahead and obtain AB and contest the cases with the evidences you possess against her.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 November 2013

She want her stridhan , only then she had field 406 ipc , give her in the presence of police officer , they will make a panchnama in the presence of witnesses ,
1 Like

your valuable reply is big booster for someone who is weak in legal terms ..

so, if 406 is lodged, this means she wants her stuff back. In that case, I should approach IO and ask him to collect her items back and make our house holy again.  Frankly speaking, I dont want any of her item in my house. They gifted 1 car also in the marriage, which is on the name of her. We have even admitted to return whatever gold items we have of the marriage. Our gold which my mother gave her at the time of marriage, is lying with her.  We have given audio proof in the court for that.

So, in short I should approach IO to collect her item from my parent house as she has lodged 406 against us, and its legal for us to return her items even if she deny. Also, i will never pay any money for her item. May be she will be ready for settlement once she will realise, she will not get money for her stridhan. Stridhan is waste for her also like bed,sofa,car blah blah ...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2013

Go ahead as per your idea based on the prevailing atmosphere at your end in this regard.  All the best.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 November 2013

Return her all items what for you dumped them in your Home , give them all to police io and received a copy duly signed by the io , witnesses and the girl , and get discharge from 406ipc , then fight only for 498A , no need to give her money in lieu of items be alert and take step wisely .
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register