LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife threatening after 498a,dv

My wife has filed 498 followed by dv .in dv she has asked for residence order in shared household .. 5 days back she has threatened me not to oppose her dv or whatever the outcome of dv may be she will enter my house forcefully ,will break the lock and try to commit suicide ,will put the blame that I compelled her to do so ..my parents don't stay with me ...I am very tensed don't really understand what to do ...

Learning

6 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 September 2013

@Author,

Threatening to commit suicide and trying to coerce the other party to do an act by such a threat, is cruelty, within the meaning of the code.

You may move an application before the local police station and also before the concerned court. State the facts as you stated here and I feel this would go in your favor or atleast save you from any future tragedy, if at all any happens.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     11 September 2013

First in DV and 498 cases, remember, JO DARAA WO MARAA. So, take the attitude... F*@K her!

Now, there are many legal defenses in 498 and DV cases and you will get ample advise in this forum and I can see that you already have.

Regarding her coming to your home, threatening, forcing, etc., here is my advise: Get a rough-and-tough woman always available to help, from your neighborhood.  Pay her in advance and promise more when time comes for her to act. When your wife comes to your home to do anything forcefully, call this woman, let her come and do whatever is necessary in self-defense, including chappal-pooja (a termed used on this forum by someone). You, yourself, should not do anything. Problem solved. Can you do this? But remember that this woman can do something only in self-defense. I am not advocating anything else here but the minimum force in self-defense which is usually enough to deter repeats.

I am not an advocate but have faced all this garbage myself. So buddy, calm down, get your mind cleared, think logically, and act like a fearless man. If not, the anxiety will cause you more losses than what the Courts will order!

1 Like

(Guest)

@samir n...I don't know how much the idea of getting a rough n tough women from neighbourhood  wud work coz my wife is a black belt state champion ..another thing, won't this boomerang on me if she complains in the court ..I very well know that her intentions of coming back are not clean..should I move out of my flat and let her stay alone ?

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     12 September 2013

@Author In my view, you should not leave anything to the fate or chances. Just go to the court and pray for your protection. There is no shame in telling the court that you are afraid of your wife. After all she is Black Belt state level champ. Who would not fear for their well being? But parallely you must also file an application with the local police station stating threat to your life and well being from your wife. All the best! //peace /Saurabh..V

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     12 September 2013

Black-belt! Oops!! My approach will not work!!! It would have otherwise because you could have simply said in Court... I don't know... some woman had come to bla..bla..bla... and she and your wife had an argument and the next thing you saw were that they were fighting... etc. Of course, this has to be all well-planned. It would not have boomeranged in Court. Let me put it another way. Do you have a better and lasting solution to prevent such a wife from forcibly doing what you state she wants to do? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register