LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neelam Dadhwal (Writer)     09 July 2013

Publishing license for an ebook

I know how to register for copyright for a literary work. But I am unsure about requirement to sought publishing license when I am self-publishing an E-book. I would like to know that being original author of a poetry Ebook do I need to acquire publishing license. If so, how.

Please specify the procedure.

Learning

5 Replies

tarun (software engineer)     09 July 2013

For copyrighting your ebook, you should contact legalserviceindia.com here is the link for copyright registration:
https://www.legalserviceindia.com/copyright/register.htm

t
hey will do it for you within 24hrs

you should also apply for ISBN no that too they can do it for you.

1 Like

Thanks Sir,

I have followed copyright.gov.in though I am alsoseeing various people opting to publish without a proper ISBN. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     09 July 2013

first you have to take copyright certificate then only you are elgiible to take publish license 

1 Like

Is there also a form for availing publish license? I know about fee structure.

I downloaded copyright form from copyright.gov.in. I typed it again in MS-word and took print and filled in details. Will it be treated as official form? I still cannot see any form for availing publish license though.

Neelam Dadhwal (Writer)     12 July 2013

I have read that ISBN is different for different formats like hard cover or paperback. In the same, does one has to acquire different Copyright and Publishing license for different type of format.

1. Copyright and Publishing license for literary work (pdf, an electronic format).

2. Copyright and Publishing license for literary work (Paperback).

3. Copyright and Publishing license for literary work (Hard cover).

or same

1. Copyright and Publishing license for literary work (in any format)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register