LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Kumar (Executive)     22 April 2013

Help pls - confessional statement

I have been involved in a false murder case by a complainant who is influential .

My AB appeal in court was strong, but the AB was rejected by a corrupt judge, and I face imminent arrest. The police, local judges/metropolitan magistrate are under influence of the complainant.

It has come to my knowledge that while in judicial custody, during my interrogation, the police will torture me, and the complainant through the corrupt police will force me to sign on a document which would state I confirm to the crime.

Now, while a signed statement before police is not valid document in court of law. But my fear increases as I come to know that the magistrate may put his signatures on my signed document, stating I gave my statement not only before police but before the magistrate himself.

I have gone thru the entire criminal justice procedure for interrogating an accused in custody, wherein my lawyer would be present during my interrogation, and medical test of the accused is done every 48 hours (to check for signs of torture) etc etc, however, the other party is well prepared and can bypass/manipulate these procedures.

Q1. Now , my question is, is the above possible in India, where a corrupt magistrate would indulge in such a perverted act? Please let me know.

Q2. What can I do to protect myself if the above were to actually happen ?

your suggestions needed urgently.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

Reply Querywise

1.This query is based totally upon apprehension and false feelings.Therefore,no legal suggestion.

2.If such injustice happens with you,you file an appeal in high court.You can get the charges quashed provided you have enough evidence to prove yourself innocent.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 April 2013

You can file an appeal in the high court against the rejection of AB 

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     22 April 2013

I agree with Ad. Rajeev. It is the correct step.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     18 May 2013

Complainant is influential, Judge is currupt, Police with torture you, Police will take your signature on blank papers, Magistrate will sign on papers prepared by police,

Why you are so much negetive attitude. Be positive, do not doubt too much. Whom do you believe.

If you want to come out of the case, you have to hire a lawyer. Atleast you will believe him or not.

Think positive. Every thing will be alright.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register