Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surender Reddy (Senior Consultant)     02 July 2012

Grand father property

Hi ,

My father has sold out the property to some other organization.actually that was my grand father property given to my father , later my father registered on his name.then he sold out 8 acres of land.

he sold out land in 2005. is there any chance to fight for my grand father property.

Thanks

surender

Learning

4 Replies

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     02 July 2012

you could get your share in it if it is ancestral property

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     02 July 2012

How did the father come to acquire the property ? If it was by way of sale/gift/will etc then it becomes seperate property in his hands and he could validly dispose it off. However if it was inherited (by succession) then it retains the character of ancestral - and any sale outside competency can be challenged and opened up in a court.

1 Like

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     02 July 2012

The property was given by your grandfather to your father, who got it registered in his name and sold .There donot appear to be any legal arregularity. Do not spoil your relations with your father .

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     02 July 2012

The property was given by your grandfather to your father, who got it registered in his name and sold .There donot appear to be any legal arregularity. Do not spoil your relations with your father .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register