Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinay kumar (News reporter)     25 June 2012

Sample will designed for my self..pls help improve

Dear Learned Lawyers,

Based On the Resource from this Website,I have designed a WILL for myself.

I own a Plot taken on Loan from Bank,Some Insurance Policies & Some Assets in Bank and .I am Unmarried & since i am involved in a Job involving Travel & some Sad Incidences before my eyes have made me think that Everyone must have a Will in Current Uncertain Life.In most of the assets,i have named my mother as Nominee,

Pls Correct the Will whereever required,

WILL MADE BY UNMARRIED SON HINDU IN FAVOUR OF HIS MOTHER

I, "ABC” son of Shri ”DEF”, aged 28 years, resident of ”GHI”, I declare this to be my last Will and Testament. & do hereby revoke all my former Wills, Codicils and Testamentary dispositions if any,made by me

I maintain good health, and possess a sound mind. This Will is made by me of my own independent decision and free volition. Have not be influenced, cajoled or coerced in any manner whatsoever.

That I am Unmarried at the time of making this WILL & I have following Family Members

S.No      Name      Age           RelationShip With Me

1-          DEF          65             Father

2-           JKL          62              Mother

3-           MNO        30              Brother

4-          PQR        27                 Sister

I hereby appoint my Mother  Smt.“JKL”, as the sole Executor of this WILL.

I hereby give, devise and bequeath all my present & Future properties, “Movable and Immovable”, whatsoever and wheresoever to my Mother Smt.”JKL”, absolutely forever

All the assets owned by me are self-acquired properties. No one else has any right, title, interest, claim or demand whatsoever on these assets or properties. I have full right, absolute power and complete authority on these assets, or in any other property which may be substituted in their place or places which may be Acquired or received by me hereafter.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hands on this ____ day of ____, 2000 at ____________.

-sd-

TESTATRIX

SIGNED by the abovenamed Testatrix  as his last WILL and Testament in our presence, who appear to have perfectly understood & approved the contents in the presence of both of us presents, at the same time who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses.                                     

WITNESSES :

Pls Let me know whether this Will covers all My Assets or I have to Mention Each & Every Asset I Own.

Expert Advice Awaited.

Thanks in Advance

Vinay

Learning

9 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 June 2012

Writing a Will is an intelligent art, which may be challanged in the Court at the time of obtaining probate.

Number of other legal requirements are unanswered in your draft, seek the services of local lawyer for your own benefit.

Dear Sir,

I am a Naive in this field.Actually i coped the contents from this website.Interestingly,I showed the Will to a lawyer who said its fine as the sentence : All my present & Future properties, “Movable and Immovable”... covers all assets of a person to be transferred to Executer which are in his name after his death.Kindly make corrections if any.

Thanks & Regards,Vinay

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     25 June 2012

The fact be mentioned that you are bequeathing the properties to your mother out of natural love and affection . The detail of properties must be given.The fact further be mentioned that this is your first and the last will and other irrelevant recitals be ommited . Get it attested from two independant witnesses ,one of whom may be your father.

1 Like

WILL  IN FAVOUR OF MY MOTHER

I, "ABC” son of Shri ”DEF”, aged 28 years, resident of ”GHI”,declare that this is My first & the Last Will.

I maintain good health, and possess a sound mind. This Will is made by me of my own independent decision and free volition. Have not be influenced, cajoled or coerced in any manner whatsoever.

That I am Hindu by Religion,Unmarried at the time of making this WILL & I have following Family Members

S.No      Name      Age           RelationShip With Me

1-          DEF          65             Father

2-           JKL          62              Mother

3-           MNO        30              Brother

4-          PQR        27                 Sister

I hereby appoint my Mother  Smt.“JKL”, as the sole Executor of this WILL.

That I have Following Movable Assets at Present

1-Cash in Bank A/c No ..........at ..Branch

2-Gold Jewellery weighing ...Grams in my Possesion.

I have Following Immovable Assets at Present

1-Plot Measuring 100 sq metres at ........Road...City

2-Flat No.1234 of 120 sq metres at ...Colony...City..

I hereby give, devise and bequeath all my above Mentioned  “Movable and Immovable”, whatsoever and wheresoever to my Mother Smt.”JKL”, absolutely forever out of Natural Love & Affection.That I Futher state that All the Movable & Immovable Assets acquired by me in Future will Bequeathed to My Mother Smt."JKL"

All the assets owned by me are self-acquired properties. No one else has any right, title, interest, claim or demand whatsoever on these assets or properties. I have full right, absolute power and complete authority on these assets, or in any other property which may be substituted in their place or places which may be Acquired or received by me hereafter.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hands on this ____ day of ____, 2000 at ____________.

-sd-

TESTATRIX

SIGNED by the abovenamed Testatrix  as his First & Last WILL and Testament in our presence, who appear to have perfectly understood & approved the contents in the presence of both of us presents, at the same time who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses.                                     

WITNESSES :

1. Father DEF of Testator

2.Other Witness

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls Correct this further

Regards

Vinay

vinay kumar (News reporter)     27 June 2012

Improved Will..Pls See & Correct...it

WILL  IN FAVOUR OF MY MOTHER

I, "ABC” son of Shri ”DEF”, aged 28 years, resident of ”GHI”,declare that this is My first & the Last Will.

I maintain good health & I am executing this Will in a sound and disposing state of mind.

That I am Hindu by Religion,Unmarried at the time of making this WILL & I have following Family Members

Sr No,    Name      Age           RelationShip With Me

1-          DEF          65             Father

2-           JKL          62              Mother

3-           MNO      30              Brother

4-          PQR         27              Sister

That I have Following Movable Assets at Present

1-Cash in Bank A/c No ..........at ..Branch

2-Gold Jewellery weighing ...Grams in my Possesion.

I have Following Immovable Assets at Present

1-Plot Measuring 100 sq metres at ........Road...City

2-Flat No.1234 of 120 sq metres at ...Colony...City..

3-Flat No.789 Measuring 1000 sq ft at…..colony..

This Will shall come into force immediately after my death.  Soon after my death, my mother Mrs. “JKL” shall take the possession of all my above mentioned movable and immovable properties  and she shall enjoy them with absolute right, title and interest. That I Futher state that All the Movable & Immovable Assets acquired by me in Future will be  Bequeathed to My Mother .I am Bequeathing her the Above Movable & Immovable properties  absolutely forever out of Natural Love & Affection.

I direct that any amount that may be determined as payable by me by way of debts, dues and liabilities, including direct and others taxes, charges, ceases, land revenue, costs, fees, and expenses to be paid by my Mother

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have to this my last Will set my hand this…………… day of ……………….

SIGNATURE OF TESTAROR  

SIGNED by the above named Testatrix  as his First & Last WILL and Testament in our presence, who appear to have perfectly understood & approved the contents in the presence of both of us present, at the same time who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses.                                     

WITNESSES :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for Your Reply. Pls Correct this further

Regards

Vinay

vinay kumar (News reporter)     28 June 2012

Dear Learned Lawyers,

Kindly Reply to this Thread especially Mr. JC vashistaji & Mr Ajit Singh Cheema ji.

Warm Regards

Vinay

Dear Learned Lawyers,

Kindly Reply to this Thread especially Mr. JC vashistaji & Mr Ajit Singh Cheema ji.

Warm Regards

Vinay

Dear Learned Lawyers,

Warm Regards

Vinay

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     28 June 2012

The will is well drafted.I wish for you a happy long life.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register