LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anamika rao (xyzzz)     23 November 2011

Marriage cancellation by groom

It was an arrange marriage and the engagement was also done. The boy recieved a fake letter that raised questions on my character and education. I could prove the allegations wrong but the boy and his family did not give a chance and cancelled the marriage. They also called relatives and told about the letter obviously without knowing if it was right. This happened just 1.5 months before marriage. My famliy is undergoing mental stress and we have also spent lot of money for the marriage. What should be done ? Can defamation , mental harrasment be filed agaist them ? Since they have cancelled the marriage are they not liable to pay the expenses that we made in engagement and marriage? 

Learning

23 Replies

(Guest)

What should be done ? Can defamation , mental harrasment be filed agaist them ? Since they have cancelled the marriage are they not liable to pay the expenses that we made in engagement and marriage? 

No.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     23 November 2011

Who wrote that letter

Is he known to you ,

Consider , if your brother  or your own Son was to get married  , And this kind of letter arrives at your home

Will you go ahead  ,

Why the originator of the letter be NOT PUNISHED AND PUT BEHIND BARS

DID YOU APPROOACH POLICE AND REGISTERED AN FIR

AGAINST THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE LETTER

IF YES WHAT IS THE STATUS

IF NOT WHY

MARRAGE WAS BREAKING AND YOU STILL DID NOT SEEK HELP OF POLICE

Why the Parents of the Boy be penalised

You look your side of mental agony

Why dont you realise the agony of Boys parents

Pl clarify

They innitially forced us to not tell anyone about the letter and not file any FIR and then one day they came and broke the marriage and then again asked not to go to the police. we still went and filed the FIR. The police is still searcing . no one found , no result...

@ Kushan Vyas : Why??

Aishwarya (Teacher)     23 November 2011

let go of this and ignore all that happened..

..U will decrease ur own prospects of getting married by filing cases against them..and eventually if u still file it then the other party can be more adamant  about other things..

Its best both the sides should meet and get over with this chapter and not to speak or talk about the issue ever again and move on..

1 Like

(Guest)

Author,

think that you are lucky because if they can, on the basis of a letter can cancel the marriage, they can do anything if you marry them forcibly.Dont think of money, think of your life and peace in future.

(Guest)

Aishwarya is right

@anamika rao

Just move on.Before your marriage,It is is about sharing each other's opinions, dreams, fears, aspirations and hopes.Remember,We can never turn back the pages of time, though we may wish to relive a happy moment, or say goodbye just one last time, we never can, because the sands of time continue to fall, and we can’t turn the hourglass over.Every exit is an entry somewhere.Dont waste your time in court proceedings.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Kushan Vyas
"

Aishwarya is right

@anamika rao

Just move on.Before your marriage,It is is about sharing each other's opinions, dreams, fears, aspirations and hopes.Remember,We can never turn back the pages of time, though we may wish to relive a happy moment, or say goodbye just one last time, we never can, because the sands of time continue to fall, and we can’t turn the hourglass over.Every exit is an entry somewhere.Dont waste your time in court proceedings.
"

yes, kushan is very right.Say good bye just one last time.I think it is your time to say bye to that relaion.

I know .. I have said good bye.. but we have spent about 3-4 L already... That is a lot of money for us .. is there no way to get it back.. and what about my name that they have spoilt .. 

(Guest)
wait till experts reply.

(Guest)

Enemy in marriage relationship is our ego(in your case somebody has make a trap ,making plot against you ,here the person(BOY and their  family ) is not responsible but the person who miguided Him is responsible )  -fake letter that raised questions etc   )   only. Self absorption is rooting cause of all marriage problems. Self absorption is the antithesis to the marriage relationship.

Its easy to say goodbye but too hard to forget.Yet it hurts to live a lie. It's easier to say goodbye. 

Men and women lack the courage of commitment.All their energies And passions are misspent. Will we ever understand.The reason why It's easier to say goodbye.You just want to make it better.You  need a love revival,Somewhere for us to begin To take apart the wounded hearts And love them back together again. 

You  just want to make it better ,It's easier to say goodbye.

And last what about my name that they have spoilt .. 

After some time noone will remember your past ,new will come to join you and say goodbye to past..When someone walk out your life, let them. They are just making more room for someone better to walk in.

(Guest)

follow kushan,s advice

take it as a blessing on u..  :)

take care.gud nyt.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 November 2011

You can file a civil suit for recovery of expenses, if the engagement was broken w/o any fault of yours.

But, I personally feel a man who never trusted you a bit, is not worth living with.

Let Go! 

May God Bless You!

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     24 November 2011

Someone said , " TO advise is the simplest thing in World" 

Another saying goes , " THE WEARER KNOWS WHERE THE SHOE PINCHES"

All sermons will totally change when the same thing happens to their Daughters or Sisters

Why an FIR cannot be lodged against the Grooms  parents and Groom himself for Cheating , Forgery and other

The question of staying with same boy does not arise

What if , because of this the girl is not married for several years

Who will compensate for the bad name the family has got

Where is the ORIGINAL letter so that handwriting expert may verify it

From which courier the letter came

All question to be answered

Let the Boy face the tune  to some extent

Some conspiracy seems to be hatched by someone , it must be unearthed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register