LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shankar (self)     11 November 2011

Builder asking for more money

This is regarding the extra charges being imposed by the builder during registration.
I have purchased a FLAT in Jan 2010 with Possesion Date of Dec 2010.

My agreement says only to pay 49,11,500/ + (Registration + Stamp duty + Maintenance Charges). Now  I am asking for registration of the flat and the builder is asking to pay extra Govt. Levies@ 6.5% of 49,11,500
(i.e 3,19,248/-) which is not a part of my agreement. Also he is charging me the late payment charges of 2,06,628/- which is because disbursement got delayed from BANK. The builder did not send any
demand letter to the bank to disburse the amount and there was no progress in the construction.

My Agreement was done -  Jan, 2010
Actual Flat Possession Date was - Dec,2010 (Still Not Given)
Current Situation - Not yet giving Possession Date and demanding more money

Please let me know

1. What are 6.5% charges?

2. Also should I pay delay charges as there is a delay from builder side as he is not giving possession then what?

3. How much time it would take me to get this legally resolved in karnataka? I heard there are lots of cases pending to be resolved?

Learning

4 Replies

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     19 November 2011

Go to consumer court.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     19 November 2011

Shankar, cheapest & fastest is consumer court for u.

cc will take it's own time, but if u insist on , and do not take adjournment, and object all adj by OP, u can get fast result. 

Adv Shroff

1 Like

shankar (self)     22 November 2011

Originally posted by :V R SHROFF
"

Shankar, cheapest & fastest is consumer court for u.

cc will take it's own time, but if u insist on , and do not take adjournment, and object all adj by OP, u can get fast result. 

Adv Shroff

Sir,

Looking into my case " I booked my Flat in the year Jan 2010 and the possession was Dec 2010" Now Should i Pay VAT and Services Tax? if so whats the % amount that i need to pay?

"

shankar (self)     22 November 2011

Sir can you pleae be more specific about this statement, i didnt get that....

but if u insist on , and do not take adjournment, and object all adj by OP, u can get fast result

Thanks

Shankar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register