Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshat (as/d)     24 June 2011

Cancellation of Flat by builder

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have purchased a flat for Rs. 80,00,000/- from a builder. I made him a payment of Rs. 5,00,000/- around 2 months back. I am having receipts of that.  For the last 15 days he is putting pressure on me to pay the remaining amount within 10 days (which have already passed now). Now he is saying that either I pay him an interest of 2.5% per month for the balance amount or he will cancel the deal. The registration of agreement of sale has not yet done. Apart from receipts and bank statement of cheque clearing, there is no other paper work.

My questions are :

1.) Can he cancel the deal on his own wish? What can be my stand if this happens? Is there any legal binding?

2.) Can he charge me the interest mentioned above although no terms and conditions are mentioned anywhere?

Thanks for all the help.

Learning

1 Replies

jitender (student)     25 August 2011

consult a lawyer, builder can only force you to pay within the agreed time limits in your builder buyer agreement, if there is no such clause of interest in that agreement the builder cannot charge you interest, and also refer to the agreement for your time to make balance payment.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register