LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shekhar (proietor)     17 July 2011

neglegence of officer

i am pension (epf) holder at thane. this year live certificate submitted in bank was lost by epf office. so thousands of epf pension holders was suffers due to this. can we complaint and to whom. also state bank dosnt give acknowledge for live certificate. can i ask for acknowledgement for live cetificate?

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     18 July 2011

Every document submitted has to be acknowledged. The recent trend by SBI and even Private Bank is that they dont give you an acknowledgement or token!  and provide a drop box. In such cases, there must be proper procedure for opening and tracking the documents lodged, through scanning or inward process and should be transparaency. You may raise the issue both the PF Commissioner and the SBI Manager in writing.

vasudevan

2 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2011

Learned Mr. Vasudevan has rightly advised that all documents have to be acknowledged.

Bank staff tells all customers to drop it in drop box and gives the acknowledgment to all customers who ask for it and if denied insist for it. RBI has issued clear instructions to issue acknowledgment as and when asked for. If the counter clerk declines, obtain it from BM and if you face any difficulty please complain to Nodal Officer, MD of the bank, with a copy to RBI.

All pensioners in the bank may unite and issue notice to the bank. Bank is handling pension accounts for business interest and not for charity.

Bank maintains record/register of all instruments collected from drop box and since bank has submitted it to epf authorities ask the bank to supply the copy of docs submitted by them and acknowledgment obtained by them. If bank declines, you can use RTI route.

EPF authorities shall not easily accept that they have lost the docs. You must be firm at the first place i.e. bank.

1 Like

shekhar (proietor)     19 July 2011

thanks a lot

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register