LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prithivi prakash (STUDENT)     20 March 2011

Corruption -The New Terrorism

Hai , I am Prithivi Ist yr BABL(hons),School of Excellence in law, TNDALU.

This is the first ever paper submitted by me in the 34th All India Crimonology Conference held in Chennai.

Kindly post your comments and replies on it. :)

Learning

6 Replies

Sandeep (firm)     22 June 2011

Dear Prithvi,

PC Act gives lot of power to vigilance. Often they misuse their position/power and an innocent is sent to judicial custody. After which it is upto him to prove his innocence and before that he has go throogh rigorous process of getting bailed out.

Sandeep

prithivi prakash (STUDENT)     18 July 2011

Thanks Sandeep for your reply,but i differ with your point. Before i finished this article, i happen to meet a few Chiefs in the vigilance department in chennai. Literally, they lamented of the ordeals they are put into each time they move thier claims in court. First it is dificult for them to obtain premission to bring the accused under the PCA Act and then he is acquitted either in the lower courts or in the high courts on extreme trivial reason. the Act is aimed to bring the PUBLIC SERVANTS under scanner, and i dont think that there are very few INNOCENT SHEEP in the herd :)

Sandeep (firm)     19 July 2011

Dear Prithvi,

Its my personnel experience. I have myself faced how the vigilance department joins hand with culprits and trap innocents and frame charges against them and never give them any opportunity to prove their innocnce.

While the culprit lives happily, innocent has to spend his entire life in courtyard to prove his innocence.

A state vigilance department has framed charges against me under PC act based on forged document, illogical facts and contradictory statements of some big liers. Obviously the charges have been framed against me to protect the culprits. End result is I have to spend my whole life in court, I can't leave India, I can't take job in a city which is at far off place from the place where trials are being held.

Please note that a law is made to punish the culprit and at the same time save a innocent also.

Sandeep

1 Like

prithivi prakash (STUDENT)     23 July 2011

Dear Sandeep,

I understand that you are deeply hurt by this system. had i met you before finishing this article may be i would have seen a different prespective. i deeply regret the ordeals you are going through, but let us not forget it is the system which should be blamed but not the law. all we can hope is a change in the system. and i earnestly hope that you would not become a victim any longer.I wish u all success in your efforts to prove yourself to be innocent, and at any point stop losing faith :)..let me also assure that do let me know if i can be of any help to you :)

1 Like

Sandeep (firm)     24 July 2011

Dear Prithvi,

Thanks for your reply. I am not blaming law. I just highlighted the realty of what is corruption free society. We are being brain washed by media and politicians.

By merely giving powers to vigilenace or any other department doesn't solve any problem. Employees of these departments or not from Mars, they are biggest link of the corrupt system. In most of the states and departments vigillance related posts are not permanent and they are deputation based. Infact those who are more corrupt in their parent department, get these special powers by influencing by bosses and politicians.

People are staging dharnas for Lokpal Bill, will be it be of any use. Answer is No. Lokpal will also be part of the corrupt system and may be the most corrupt.  And if the Lokpal act comes, more innocent people will be sent to jails to protect real culprits.

Murderers get bail in a day and a innocent who has been falsely charged under PC Act has to spent months in custody and it becomes his responsibility to prove his innocence. For a moment, imagine a situation that you are in judicial custody, you don't have access to any documents or records which may prove your innocence, you can't contact any outsider who may help you, you can't make call to anyone and the people you are living with are hardcore criminals, On the other hand opposition has full access to all records and documents, they can manipulate any information in their favour. how will you prove your innocence ?

In todays world when we are fully dependent on mobile, simply just imagine your world without mobile.

Before writing any article in future think about the other side also.

Sandeep

prithivi prakash (STUDENT)     16 August 2011

dear Sir,

I am very sorry for the late reply. i am sure to look into both the side of coins in my coming articles. thank you sir for your prompt replies and genuine comments. this action of yours has really encouraged me. and i hope you would continue to support in my coming articles.

warm regards,

Prithivi Prakash. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register