LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Agrawal (NA)     07 June 2011

Legal separation from parents

I am 24 years old now and I was adopted to my uncle and aunty when I was 12. My natural father, mother and my current legal father, mother - all 4 are alive now and we live in the same house. Fight with my parents have gone to such an extent that I now have fear that they'll prove me mentally unstable in court and do all kinds of nasty things with me forcefully. So my question is:

1. If they prove me mentally unstable in court (by false medical reports or whatever), are they allowed to take control of myself in their hands and take my life's decision?

2. Can I get legally separated from them to mitigate above risk?

3. Can I legally claim some share in their property?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 June 2011

If you have got ancestral property you can claim your share.  You are major person you can take a decision independently. 

1 Like

Ancestral property was there. My grandparent had property and he is still alive but the property has been already transferred to my parents. Can I claim a share now?

One more thing. Some months ago, I was telling my parents that if you don't let me do whatever I want, I will commit suicide (I know this is wrong but that was just a drama by me to fullfill my wishes). Now I want to leave this house. I tried so and they all got physical with me and forcefully told me to stay in the house saying that I am not mentally stable and can commit suicide if I leave house. Is there any way out? I am thinking of getting legally separated from them and than leave the house. Is this possible?

May someone please reply to my query?

Thanks in advance

khader (network)     11 May 2012

My name is Khader I have problem in my family life with my parents. I need legal separation form them. I want to put Petition on them. They are involving  in my human rights. My parents are giving me mental torture and betrayed me.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     11 May 2012

You can get a share in the property transferred by your Grand father to your parents, provided your Grand father has no objection to it.  If he died, then also you could not have claimed it as a matter of right as long as your father survived. 

shanthi (Owner)     28 May 2012

Hi Am Shanthi from Chennai India,i want to get a legal sepration from my father as he is against of my love marraige.can you kinldy let me know the legal procedures for that?What action I have to take it up as my first step.Please advice me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register