Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjani k Singh (S/W engineer)     27 April 2011

SBI CREDIT CARD harassing me pleases help

Dear Sir,

My name is Anjani k Singh. I am using SBI railway card last 4 Year card No is – 4317575649087765. At time of issuing the card the executive came my address told me that my SBI card is Life time free card. Since last 4 year my card was free. Every year in the month of April SBI charged 300 Rs as annual maintains charge and revert back after telling them about my free status. I have all four year SBI Card Statement to prove this.

Last year in month of Oct I become victim of credit card fraud, so I Filed a FIR with Cyber cell Mumbai and also make a complaint with RBI ombudsman, because SBI was not listing. After interfere of RBI, SBI start invention, and finally case has been close in my favor. During this period my card was blocked. As of now my case is solved I am requesting SBI to reissue a new card to me so that I can use my money (at time of blocking card, amount of 4556 was in my account that I have paid extra ), but SBI is not issuing my card . They are saying that my office address comes in restricted zone so they are not able to verify my office addresses. I requested then to deliver my card at my home address but they are also not doing the same. Last 4 month I am calling SBI person and writing mail to their nodal office but nothing is happening

As my card status is closed they are charging 300 Rs as annual maintains charge, when I talked to customer care they told me that they will revert back this amount this year also and give me a complain no regarding this Complain No is - ‘0101090010226’ and told me that it will take 7 days to revert back.

After 7 days I dint get any response regarding this issue. At date 27/04/11 I called customer care and inquiry about annul charge they told me that they cannot reveres back the annual charge as my card is chargeable. When I told them that, every year they revert back annual charges so why not this year. They told me that they have change their policy and they are not bound to inform customer regarding any change of policy, so you have to pay annual fees

Sir this unfair practice by SBI Card they are harassing. Sir I am requesting you please look this matter.

Thanks

Name- Anjani k Singh

Mob- 9324848044

Card No-“4317575649087765”

Address- B 305 KAVERI, SEC- 5 KHARGHAR,

NAVI MUMBAI.410210

Learning

12 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 April 2011

Simply talking with the customer care does not works out, you have to issue  legal notice to the SBI for playing unfair trade practice with you.  You can also claim the damages for the negligence in service.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2011

Learned Mr. Rajeev(rajoo) has given  valuable advice and help. You may follow the advice.

The decision of BO is in your favour. The bank/CC company is bound to abide by the decision. If you are not satisfied you can still lodge complaint with Consumer Forum/court of law.

You may carefully study the order of BO. If CC company was directed to issue card then it is contempt on their part.

You may lodge another complaint and obtain order to comply with costs and damages.

If your office address is same and has not changed as per records of CC company, they shall have no explanation to offer. Their explanation on phone, address in restricted zone seems to be a flimsy ground.

You may send your address verified by your employer or copy of office ID card, and order them to send the card by speed post (courier)

Their explanation on phone that they are not bound to inform the change in policy to the customer can be challenged.

You may visit their website and download their own code of conduct and you may visit the RBI website and download RBI guidelines.

You should narrate complaint to the principle nodal officer Divya Dhody who email id is available at their site and on their bill, and mention date and time of your call name of company executive and complaint number issued to you. If no complaint number was issued you may lodge your grievance that it was not issued to you.

On late payment CC company charges late payment charge + finance charge @ Rs3.5%/per month on daily basis .

You should also claim on the same lines say 10% and ask them to pay say with in 15 days.

You may add that each representation that you make, by phone email letter does not come free to you and costs you your hard earned monies and precious business personal family hours and you shall waste it on them and you shall not make any representation to them without any cost to them and that you have decided to charge Rs..for all representations made so far and henceforth you shall charge Rs........say 1000 for each 1st representation by phone, Rs.say 2000 for each email and Rs...say 4000 for each  letter and say Rs....5000 for each notice  and any subsequent reminder shall be at double the cost to them.

You may make O P Bhat Chairman SBI and nodal officer of the SBI a party their contact details are available at the bank's website. You shall see that they shall respond.

Make sure to write that you shall not accept any reply by phone or any letter that is not signed and stamped shall be rejected.

Let them taste their own recipe.

When the card is blocked and not activated for use how can they charge any fee?

If they do not reply or resolve serve a legal notice and file complaint in court of law.

1 Like

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     02 May 2011

Generally banks through out world behave in the same manner the moment you face problem and earlier this culture was alien on Indian soil but sooner the multi-national banks stepped in, bonafide customers have been facing harassment because many of the MBA's,  assumed panacea for every ill have come into play, so problem have gone double fold.

If at any given chance customer is at fault they go to any extent and if it is the bank who is at fault, they are least bothered to look into the problem and keep on harassing the customers.This is no more a strange phenomenon now a days.

Instead of approaching any court first, try to sort it out with the respective bank which I suppose you already did.Now you can approach the Banking Ombudsman of your region/area and they would help you out.If that step bears no fruit, which ultimately would,  you have the option to approach Consumer's Forum for damages as submitted by the learneds in this column.

It is all time consuming but you have no other option either.

Hope for the best.

Regards

(Guest)

This is not particular bank harassment but  other banks also  trying to adopt these type of activities.

you first give notice to bank.

SBI Card Cares (Customer Service)     05 May 2011

Dear Mr. Singh

We have noted your concern, and are currently looking into the matter. We will get in touch with you shortly to further understand and resolve the issue.

Yours sincerely,

SBI Cards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2011

Dear Anjani.K. Singh,

Please post what has been the resolution offerred by the company.

Like SBI Card Cares Customer service Id created at LCI, many of the companies have started posting responses at consumer copmpliant, social, legal forums.

This is due to various reasons e.g. competition and hence choice for customer, loss of image, loss of credibility, to somehow show that the company responds, etc......

The question arises whether the complaint is resolved to the satisfaction level of the consumer/customer.

It is also important on the part of the customer to post the responses of the company on the same protal.

This shall help to continue to obtain advise on the genuinity of the resolution offered by the company, or the customer should report that the reponse shown the company was just an eye wash.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2011

SBI card was declared a public entity by CIC and hence under the preview of RTI act.

The company was so feared that it has approached HC for stay.

The informations which company never disclosed so far , shall have to be diclosed once under RTI .

Which other business fetches interest @ >40% p.a?????

SBI Card Cares (Customer Service)     13 May 2011

Dear Mr. Singh ,

Thanks for talking to us. We will get back to you within 3 days. Hope you continue to use your SBI Card.

Yours sincerely,
SBI Cards.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     13 May 2011

Why don't you also write your

DOB,

card start-expiry dates,

your mother's maiden name

And three digit CVV number on the back side of the card!!

(I think only these thing are remained private as yet!!!)

Then  ............. many would give you a good education as to misuse of cards!!!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 May 2011

Please update the deliberations of SBI card in the forum.

We would like to see the genuinity of their response.

Anjani k Singh (S/W engineer)     16 May 2011

Thank you all Lawyer club member who has given me their valuable suggestion. After reading the complain in this forum. SBI people called me and they have revert back annual charge.

Now my case is solved. Thank you all Once again

1 Like

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     16 May 2011

Dear Anjani: Please in future never to disclose your ATM/Credit/Debit card's information to any one,as you did innocently in this column and we are all obliged on being relived of your tension but all the credit to your efforts.Keep on trying to oppose the wrongs and the wronged.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register